Senior Management Accountant, Wall To Wall Media
Wall to Wall has been supplying innovative, hugely popular, award-winning programming around the world since 1987. Our output spans drama, factual and entertainment and has been recognised with BAFTA, Emmy, Grierson and RTS awards as well as an Academy Award. Our customers include the BBC, ITV, Channel 4 and Channel 5, and Netflix, National Geographic, PBS, Discovery, HBO and many others.
- To assist the Financial Controller in the preparation of Management and Statutory Accounts and to ensure the smooth operation of the Accounts function. Responsible for managing a Management Accountant and working closely with the production accountant to deliver accurate and timely management reporting to internal management and group reporting.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
Management accounts & Monthly reporting
- Lead the process for the preparation of the monthly management accounts under US GAAP and make sure all the postings to the P&L are correct.
- Review the Monthly Balance Sheet reconciliations of all accounts
- Completion of month end US GAAP checklist
- Review and check the monthly Payroll
- Maintenance of OIM accounts in SAP
- Report the reason for any Variances back to Group Finance
- Maintain and Post all Journals relating to IP Revenue and report on any variances on a quarterly basis
- Take Ownership for keeping track of Development spend across Wall to Wall Productions and present this to senior management on a monthly basis.
- Update a weekly slate tracker for the Financial Controller and report on any movements
- Prepare any Ad Hoc Analysis as and when required and also look for process improvements.
- Updating the monthly board report
- Manage a Management Accountant within the team
- Assist the Financial Controller with the Quarterly Forecasts, Budgets and five year plans. This will include cashflow reporting and loading all forecast information into SAP
- Assist Warner Bros. statutory accounts team with the annual statutory accounts process
- Assist the auditors with their queries on the accounts
- Monitor cash levels on monthly basis (ensure no accounts go overdrawn)
- Answer queries on quarterly VAT returns prepared by Warner Bros. team
- Preparation of cashflow & information for corporate tax plans/returns (as well as VAT) as directed by the Financial Controller.
- Complete FEU returns
Qualification & Experience
- Recognised accountancy qualification
- Proven experience at this level, ideally within a Media Production environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Good systems experience (preferably SAP, Navision or another enterprise system)
- Intermediate to Advanced Excel skills
- Ability to be self-sufficient
- Good understanding of HMRC rules regarding employment status for tax purposes
- Problem Analysis and Problem Solving skills
- Decision Making skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with persons at all levels (internal and external).
Key Success Factors
- Be a team player
- Motivate others
- Drive to succeed within Accounting
- Lateral thinking with the ability to provide solutions to complex issues.