Director of Finance
Director of Finance
London, England, United Kingdom · Finance
This exciting role provides the opportunity to manage the financial operations of the business, working with an entrepreneurial team on an ambitious mission to build something big.
- Reporting to the CEO, you will lead finance, including the external and internal financial reporting, as well as preparation of monthly shareholder updates and board meetings
- Responsible for financial planning and managing day-to-day cashflow
- Manage a growing team: to establish priorities, set objectives, and provide guidance and feedback
- Identify and exploit funds, funding initiatives and other sources of capital that will benefit the business
- Conduct ongoing analysis of key business drivers, trends and performance indicators and work closely with growth, product and marketing to devise strategies around analytics and growth.
- Responsible for payroll, EMI Scheme and for managing financial benefits of the team
- Regularly present analyses and reports on relevant operating and financial metrics in an easy-to-understand format
- In collaboration with the Manufacturing & Production Lead, manage reliable stock and capital forecasting reports
- Ensure compliance with the international law and company policies
- Previous experience leading a financial function, ideally in a fast-growing business
- Structured, outcome-orientated, strategic thinker who loves to get things done
- A “no job too big, no job too small” mentality - from nitty-gritty accounting to negotiating terms with VCs
- Excellent knowledge of data analysis and forecasting methods
- Proficient in the use of collaborative online tools, and financial management software (e.g. Xero)
- Experience within a consumer goods business is a bonus, working with software and hardware, selling directly and through retailers and distributors
- Expert attention to detail and ability to document, plan and report
- Expert communicator, able to manage multiple stakeholders brilliantly
- BSc/BA in Accounting, Finance or relevant field; MSc/MBA is a plus
- A passion for lifelong learning
We’re offering the opportunity to work within an incredibly talented and friendly team, instigating 21st century learning around the kitchen table and in the classroom. If you want to look back on your career and know that you were a vital part of building a great company, this role is for you.
- Enrolment in the company stock option plan (EMI Scheme)
- 25 days annual leave
- Professional development fund for conferences, courses etc.
- Flexible work hours as needed, to fit around childcare and other priorities
- Weekly team wellness lunch
- A friendly office environment in East London, next to the canal and a short walk from Victoria Park, Broadway Market and London Fields.
We believe that the best work comes from a diverse team. If our mission excites you, and you can contribute to our culture of lifelong learning and growth we want to hear from you!
Please apply through Workable. Applications close Monday 31st July 2017.