£25,0000 to £30,000 (pro-rata dependent on experience)
This is an Interim contract for 6 months. The period of notice is 1 month in writing on either side.
Full time. The pattern of hours may vary according to operational needs and generally, work will be carried out during normal office hours.
FCC strives to be an equal opportunities employer and commitment to this process will be expected
What will you be doing?
The role will encompass checking and setting up payment runs, performing weekly bank reconciliations, managing the Accounts Receivable process, assisting with Accounts Payable (processing purchase orders and invoices, and managing queries from suppliers and internal departments), and assisting with other month end tasks.
- Setting up and checking payment runs in the finance software, and on the on-line bank system
- Weekly reconciliation of all bank accounts
- Fully manage the company’s receivable accounts, including:
- Opening and credit checking new accounts
- Raising invoices on time
- Managing any customer disputes, and
- Ensuring timely receipts from customers
Managing the Accounts Receivable process, including:
- Processing purchase orders and invoices through the system, and
- Managing approval and payment queries from suppliers and internal departments
- Assist with processing month end credit card and employee expense claims
- General administration of both the online bank and credit card systems
- Provide holiday cover for other members of the Finance team, providing additional support during peak periods, and carrying out relevant reconciliations at month end
- Assist the department in formulating and implementing best practice ways of working
- Ad hoc duties as per the Senior Management Accountant
Skills & Experience
Working within a fast-paced and changing environment, you will possess excellent organisational skills to meet tight deadlines, and have a highly professional and approachable manner. We are looking for a high calibre Accounts Assistant to engage in a commercially focused, business facing role.
Strong technical skills combined with a drive and passion to learn are key attributes required. It is essential to be a minimum of AAT qualified, or equivalent.
- Practical experience of processing sales and purchase invoices
- Experience of liaising with external parties
- Team-working experience, and a good general work ethic
- Strong academic background in an accountancy or numerical discipline
- Detail orientated and strong communication skills
- Strong excel skills
- Understanding of financial systems, principles and controls
- Experience of SAP or other ERP accounting system
- Experience and previous use of SAP Business ByDesign in particular
- Experience in an SME commercial finance function, and in a similar role
- Finance experience in a commercial organisation such as consultancy or creative agency
- Experience of commercial and operational finance
- Experience of grant claims or similar
Want to apply?
Send your CV with covering letter via our application portal. In your cover letter tell us why you’re right for the job.