Accountant - Independent School
Robert Half Finance and Accounting are partnered with a independent school based in Abingdon, Oxfordshire to recruit an Accountant to join their team as they increase their presence in the county.
The Accountant Role:
An opportunity to take ownership of the finance function and assist the Director of Finance in the delivery of the schools strategic and operational plans. Assisting with the financial control of the school and responsibility for functions including purchase and nominal ledgers.
Key Skills and Experience:
- Control of financial resources and adherence to regulatory requirements
- Assist with financial planning, budgeting, monitoring and reporting
- Identify key financial risks and controls to protect the schools funds and assets
- Prepare annual financial results for statutory entities
- Liaise with the external auditors and management of the audit process itself
- Submission of tax/VAT returns, Charity Law, Companies House, PAYE
- Ensure all revenue is documented and supplier purchases/invoices are controlled
- Management and control of amounts due to creditors
- Maintain the fixed asset register
- Preparation of management accounts, forecasts and management information
- Preparing annual budgets and cash flow
The successful candidate will be a Qualified Accountant through ACCA, CIMA or ACA with an affinity for education and desire to work within the independent school sector. A proactive individual that will look to communicate with wider areas of the school and provide sound financial advice and support. Previous experience within a similar capacity would be advantageous.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.