Commercial Project Accountant in Luton.
Leading global company in engineering and manufacturing sector, offering great training and working culture.
Exciting global Engineering and manufacturing sector client who operate at the forefront of technology innovation and work with the some of the largest companies in the world. Based in Capability Green, Luton (just off of the M1). A company passionate about internal succession planning and rotations across commercial teams. Their finance team is project focused and this role encompasses financial analysis and business partnering across multiple bids and fixed price contracts.
Project Accountant Duties and responsibilities;
- Financial Business partnering with operations to provide innovative solutions to business problems and in partnership with the project managers ensure the financial integrity of the projects and bids within the engineering/manufacturing sector.
- Ensure the Company's financial policies and accounting standards are applied appropriately and month end activities and Integrated Business Plan inputs are delivered in accordance with the timescales required.
- Cash flow management and forecasting, with strategic involvement in liquidity plans on set projects
- Produce project sales trading plans with the appropriate Project Manager or Project Engineering Manager.
- Assist in the posting of Journals to SAP and help increase the project accuracy in SAP
- Support the financial input required as part of the bidding process for future business, including update of cash flow information.
- Support the annual update of the phased budget.
Key experience and required exposure for the Project Accountant;
- Degree educated or equivalent with career experience in this field.
- Professional accountancy qualification (ACCA, CIMA, ACA).
- Experience will have been gained in a project based engineering/manufacturing sector.
- Successful track record of delivering financial leadership and strategic vision to multiple project teams.
- Demonstrable experience of contributing to the broader business agenda in regard to financial decisions and operations.
- Demonstrated skill & experience in data analysis and interpretation, ideally supported by knowledge of SAP.
- Proven ability to manage own time and meet deadlines.
- IT Literate - strong Excel skills.
- Experience operating in a matrix organisation with complex reporting structures and/or an integrated product/project team environment.
£42,500 - £50,000.
Excellent benefits package.
Exposure to technological advanced projects and contracts.