The UK/Eire Financial Controller is responsible for heading up the finance organisation, delivering accurate and correct accounts/reporting for internal and external stakeholders. Ensure accounting and compliance policies are followed.
You will be responsible for technical accounting such as tax and pensions, and the key contact for annual audit, interim audit and internal audit.
Further the Financial Controller will be responsible for managing and develop the relationship, and continue to drive the outsourcing process for increased efficiency. Finally you will act as business support for the UK/Eire commercial organisation, in any respect where the commercial team should request financial support.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
Management of the UK/Eire Finance organisation, including but not limited to:
- Reconcile US GAAP management accounts to Statutory accounts using UK GAAP on a monthly and annual basis
- Draft annual Statutory accounts with disclosure notes
- Management of Approval matrix / AFC, ensuring adherence to policies & procedures and robust internal controls framework
- Management of SOX compliance testing program & SOX certification
- Preparation of all tax accounting schedules including monthly Corporation Tax, Tax pack and International Tax Data Package
- Key contact for annual audit management
- Month end close process (approval of accruals/prepayments, pension, tax entries)
- Preparation and review of monthly Balance sheet reconciliation accounts
- Bank payment authorisation
- Revaluation of balance sheet accounts
- Chart of accounts maintenance
- Management of insurance portfolio
Expected areas of Competence
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong and clear management style
- Commitment and strong desire to succeed
- Ability to work well as part of a team and a wider cross functional group
- Organised, confident self-starter
- ACA/ACCA qualified
- Experience in Financial Accounting
- Statutory accounts & corporation tax preparation
- Proven experience of delivering accurate results against tight timescales
- Experience in SAP and Excel
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.