Robert Half Finance & Accountancy are delighted to be exclusively partnering our client, a successful growing American owned business based in Harpenden on the recruitment of a newly created International Accountant role.
An opportunity has arisen for an International Accountant to join the team to focus on technical accounting issues arising within the team and managing its own team, including providing advice and recommendations to senior leadership and liaising with external auditors
The finance team is responsible for preparing financials informations with in the deadlines and operationals activieties globally excluding the NAFTA countries.
The team's position within the International finance function gives team members exposure to senior management in the UK and globally and results in a variable and wide-ranging workload. The team is motivated, friendly and supportive and well-regarded within finance.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to develop in an industry role with the support of a vast network of countries consultancy and have a personal mark on its own work.
This is a varied International Accountant role responsible for all elements of the accounting including:
- Manage the year end monthly close process for the international books to ensure timely general ledger close and resolving discrepancies for foreign and domestic companies.
- Responsible for the accuracy and timeliness of the international accounting function.
- Liaison with a broad spectrum of other team members including tax, legal, internal technical experts and other internal functions
- Working closely with the International Controller and international Finance team for forecasts, budgets and cash flow preparation.
- Analytical/decision making responsibilities
- Prepare the monthly reconciliations within the deadline
- Ad hoc projects, analysis and reporting
We are looking for a fully or part qualified accountant who is looking for a very hands on International Accountant position.
The ideal candidate:
- Accounting / Business Degree is required
- 5 years International Accounting or Finance experience or a combination of qualifications and experience.
- Professional accounting qualification (ACCA, CIMA) or Master's degree is preferred.
- Must be able to communicate effectively across countries and with senior management
- Commercial awareness and appreciation of the impact of accounting decisions on other aspects of the business
- Ability and commitment to work under pressure, including willingness to longer hours at peak
- Willing to travel within Europe and outside
- Strong IT skills are essential, with advanced Excel use (pivot, macros)
- Familiar with ERP systems, preferably JD Edwards Enterprise (Enterprise One)
- Understanding of European VAT policies and procedures (preferred)
Salary & Benefits
A highly competitive base salary of around £45 plus 5k car allowance plus company specific benefits. There is also free parking on site.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.