Financial Analyst - Softlines
We are looking for a Financial Analyst (m/f) to join the EU Softlines team (Amazon’s Fashion business for Europe). The key goal for this role is to help deliver robust, structured reporting and processes. The growth of the business and the increasing complexity make this role an exciting, interesting, and very challenging proposition. Expect to get involved in supporting new projects and initiatives, driving performance, and help building reporting to drive strategic decisions for the future. The role has high visibility and is very broad based; it will require an individual who has an eye for details and is good at communicating across functional teams. It is a unique opportunity to support a business across Europe and also a great way to build up Business Intelligence (BI) experience!
The ideal candidate will be comfortable dealing with ambiguity in a fast-paced, dynamic environment; have a strong appetite to learn new skills and processes; and will be a creative and analytical problem solver with the opportunity to fulfill the Amazon motto to “Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History.
- Ownership of metrics and reporting for the weekly, monthly and quarterly EU Softlines business reviews;
- Support our fashion marketing team with key controllership processes and analyze how to maximizing returns on investments;
- Further creating new reports and decision making tools to be used by different groups/functions within the EU Softlines organization as well as optimizing and automating existing reporting;
- Be involved in various improvements projects across a wide range of areas together with the FP&A manager and Softlines finance team across Europe;
- Provide ad-hoc support to the FP&A manager and the EU Softlines Finance Director;
- relevant experience in business, accounting/finance, consulting or similar field
- You have university education in Finance, Business Administration, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Engineering or other related discipline
- You have strong interpersonal skills including written and oral communication skill. You are fluent in English.
- You are an intermediate to advanced Excel user, very comfortable with software and tools. You like playing with numbers and building analytical models. Programming experience is a strong plus.
- Good analytical skills, a passion for metrics and figures, you have very high attention to details and you like to structure and organize things so that they make sense;
- Strong bias for action, including the ability to juggle multiple priorities and ability to meet deadlines;
- You are excited to learn new skills, solve complex problems, optimize workbooks and processes, and get deep into the details
- Programming experience is a strong plus
- An interest in BI, coding, and data architecture