Senior VAT Analyst - German Language Speaking
We’re looking for an energetic and enthusiastic analyst to join us at the heart of our VAT team. Amazon's diverse internet business requires VAT filings in a number of jurisdictions across Europe, and the Amazon VAT compliance team has a requirement for a VAT analyst to join the current well established team and support with the continued and dynamic growth of the business.
Working within the current EMEA compliance team:
• Prepare and submit German VAT returns
• Prepare and submit German Intrastat returns as necessary
• To assist with queries from Amazon businesses operating in Germany
• Preparation and review of month-end account reconciliations
• Audit support, data analysis and similar
• Business and Accounting Team Support including supporting existing groups such as; Finance Operations and Accounting
• Lead cross functional projects and process improvements
• Support business growth and on boarding of new companies and entities Basic Qualifications
• Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
• A strong desire to exceed expectations
• Organised and methodical with strong attention to detail.
• Strong MS Excel skills
• Good communication and personal skills with a hands-on attitude.
• The ability to take ownership of their work, initiate and implement change and demonstrate a problem solving approach.
• Able to work to tight deadlines, and under pressure Preferred Qualifications • Demonstrable work experience working in a finance function
• Part-qualified CIMA ,ACCA, ACA, AAT or similar credentials preferred
• Relevant accounting experience (public/private mix preferred)
• Experience of compliance in other European jurisdictions advantageous
In return, we will offer you an attractive package including basic salary, stock units, and other excellent benefits including healthcare. You will also have the opportunity to develop a rewarding career with one of the UK's leading online retailers.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
All offers are conditional on references, verification of the right to work in the UK, and successful background screening check. This will include previous employment verification, qualification verification (if relevant) and a basic criminal check. Further details of this policy/procedure will be sent to you along with your conditional offer.