An Insurance Audit Manager is required to work for award winning and market leading professional services firm in the City of London.
This firm is looking to consolidate its leading position within the insurance marketplace by appointing talented and enthusiastic auditors into newly-created senior manager roles.
Successful applicants will be working on some of the largest opportunities in the marketplace and will be exposed to excellent career development within a fast-growing, multi-disciplinary team. Working alongside directors and partners, you will be in a senior client facing role, forging strong relationships with top tier insurance clients.
As a Senior Manager, you will be involved in all aspects of delivering audit engagements, from planning through to completion on a broad spectrum of Insurance clients. The role will include executive level client interaction and exposure to multiple clients on an annual basis, as well as daily tasks such as:
- Supervising, mentoring, and coaching junior staff
- Managing partner involvement on audits, providing progress reports as required
- Acting as the initial point of contact throughout the year for your clients; manage timetables, anticipate costs, raise fees and agree dates for cash collection
- Regularly and proactively communicating with senior clients on relevant industry matters
- Establishing and maintaining strong internal and external networks within the industry
- Communicating with clients and subject matter experts on technical matters relevant to insurance audits
- Actively driving the planning of the audit, as well as the actual fieldwork at interim and final, statutory audit and completion work
- Working on tenders and working as part of the relevant independence team
- Be part of the insurance department management group and drive firm’s strategic initiatives
- Performance manager for other qualified accountants
You will be:
- Must possess professional qualification; ACA, ACCA or CPA (or international equivalent)
- Demonstrates gravitas and impact to earn trust and respect amongst senior leadership and the team
- Established strong leadership skills and proven ability to provide clear directions and constructive feedback
- Significant financial statement audit experience, ideally within professional services
- Extensive external audit experience with financial services clients, particularly in the Insurance sector
- Demonstrated practical knowledge of FRS, IFRS and topical matters relevant to insurance audits
- Experience in US GAAP, Solvency II and CASS rules preferable, though not essential
- Proven ability to identify and pursue business opportunities whilst maintaining a solution mind-set Knowledge of developments within the financial sector and proven ability to proactively build strategic partnerships and influence senior leaders
- Drive and resilience to deliver in a pressured environment
Rewards attached to this position are a salary of £70,000 to £75,000 per year plus excellent benefits - if this role interests you please apply today.