EMEA Integration and Compliance Accountant
Robert Half Finance & Accounting are recruiting a European / EMEA Integration and Compliance Accountant for a worldwide research group to be based in their UK headquarters in Epsom.
The client seek a highly skilled individual to transition certain accounting processes from recent acquisitions across EMEA to the UK. These processes need to be designed in line with the group's policies and are expected to result in an improvement in efficiency. The successful candidate will work closely with local management and Group finance in order to implement the changes while ensuring continuing compliance with local law and tax requirements.
As the EMEA Integration and Compliance Accountant, you will design and document the processes which will involve local business resource, local advisors and UK finance and ensure the processes will work seamlessly across multiple locations. This will then facilitate the monthly reporting of financial results in order to meet the listed Group deadlines. Reporting to the Finance Director, you will be based in Epsom, Surrey and will be required to travel to the various locations including Knaresborough, Yorkshire and several European offices on a regular basis.
- Learn about the business transactions and recommend simplification in order to improve efficiency
- Design processes to be implemented, adopting Group procedures where possible and appropriate, taking into consideration the multiple locations, finance capacity and the need to maintain local accountancy resource for certain transactions
- Document and implement processes as agreed
- Liaise with and influence the local accountants, business resource and Group finance to assist as required
- Transition the financial results to be recorded in line with Group Accounting Policies and to meet Group reporting needs
- Set up standard weekly and monthly reporting of KPIs as appropriate for the businesses
The successful EMEA Integration and Compliance Accountant will:
- Be qualified ACA or ACCA within a large firm
- Have working knowledge of IFRS and Group consolidations, including international and hence foreign exchange experience
- Be able to speak one European language other than English, preferably German
- Have the ability to manage competing priorities with multiple stakeholders
- Be capable of working effectively and efficiently under pressure in a fast moving environment
- Have an analytical approach to resolving problems and finding effective solutions
The company are a world-renowned research and technology group with a variety of specialist companies under their umbrella. The role is based in their beautiful offices in a large manor home in Epsom with incredibly modern facilities and a stunning estate and garden grounds.
Salary & Benefits
£300 to £350 per day for the right candidate and a competitive benefits package included
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.