Tax Senior / Assistant Tax Manager (Advisory)
Advisory opportunity role with boutique specialist tax advisory firm.
My client is a boutique specialist tax advisory firm located in South Leicestershire. They provide tax planning advice to their clients especially with regards to Inheritance Tax planning (IHT). Due to continued expansion, they seek an experienced tax professional to join the business as a Tax Senior / Assistant Tax Manager (Advisory).
Key to being successful in the role is being able manage and liaise with the other professional advisors. Clients are often introduced to the firm through their respective accountant or tax adviser. You will liaise and work closely with both clients and their advisors. Strong communication skills and a professional manner is therefore essential as on a daily basis you could liaise with Partner and Directors in Private Practice, Solicitors, IFAs and your clients who are invariably HNW individuals.
For the right individual this is a rare opportunity to move away from preparing tax computations and accelerate your career within tax advisory. Please note, prior experience advising on IHT issues is not essential.
- Following client engagement, manage the tax planning case from start to completion
- Preparing tax advice letters
- Draft trust deeds & partnership agreements
- Provide clients with disclosures for Self-Assessment and Corporation Tax returns
- Clearance letters to HMRC
- Prepare tax calculations
- Regularly liaise with clients answering queries and handling enquiries from third party advisors (Solicitors, Partners, Managed Agents etc).
- ATT and/or CTA qualified (or studying towards)
- Able to demonstrate a broad understanding of taxation
- Previous Private Client / Personal Tax experience
- Knowledge of IHT, CGT, Stamp Duty is also beneficial
- Ability to liaise with senior level individuals including High Net Worth Individuals, Partners of Law firms and Accounting firms, Portfolio Managers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills - must be comfortable on the phone
- Service driven approach with initiative
- Self-starter with drive and desire to develop and progress.
What's on offer;
- Salary up to £40,000 dependent upon experience
- Study support (if required)
- Opportunity to accelerate your career and advance your earnings
- On-site parking
- Core hours 9-5
- No timesheets
- No 'busy season'
- Full time role (5 days) however, candidates wanting a slightly reduced schedule (4 days) will also be considered.
Interested? Register your interest by applying today or call Ashley to discuss this opportunity further. You can also visit the Addington Ball website www.addingtonball.com or follow us on twitter @AddingtonBall to see all our current vacancies, news and updates.
Addington Ball is a specialist accounting and finance recruitment consultancy covering the Midlands and Northern Home counties. We are a member of The Employment Agency Movement (TEAM) and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Job ref - ABJ/17560