Robert Half Finance & Accounting are exclusively recruiting a Financial for an engineering & technical services firm located in London.
The Financial Controller will work with finance & teams for a part of the business with revenues in excess of £25 million. You will be the right hand person to the Operations Director. My client is highly acquisitive and you should be able to adjust to the fast pace here.
The role will include responsibility for:
- Work with Billing and Credit controller to ensure completeness of budgeted and variable billing
- Produce monthly management accounts and review gross profit with operational management
- Provide meaningful commentary and variance analysis of turnover and GP vs budget per client
- Presentation of same at management meeting
- Help evaluate and control budgetary direct wage costs
- Monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Monthly analysis of overheads and comparisons with budget
- Provide monthly bank and Board reporting packs
- Preparation of quarterly VAT returns
- Adhoc reporting for wider management
You should be a self starter with exposure ideally to a billings business. ACCA/ CIMA/ ACA qualified either recently or within the last 3 years.
You should be well organised , proactive with strong management and presentation skills
Be highly motivated, have keen eye for detail yet able to summarise key information
Have advanced Excel skills and excellent written and oral communication skills
This role will have exposure to senior directors and candidates with the capability to influence and grow relationships are key.
My client is based in Central London near Waterloo and has quadrupled in size in just 4 years. They have operations throughout the UK.
Salary & Benefits
On offer is a base salary of £55,000 - ~£60,000 + bonus + benefits
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.