Key Accounts Credit Manager
Euro Car Parts is part of the LKQ Corporation, a Fortune 500 company and market leader in collision repair and recycled parts in North America and Europe, with an annualized turnover exceeding $5 billion worldwide and more than 20,000 employees across 7 countries.
Euro Car Parts is the fastest growing, largest automotive aftermarket specialist in the UK, with over 8,000 employees in over 200 branches nationwide.
Continued phenomenal growth in both the UK and Europe and the pursuit of £1bn turnover, it is the passion, high energy, tenacity and a “will to win” that are the driving force behind the astounding, yet consistent growth.
Job Specification – Regional Credit Manager
Based at Tamworth T2
Reporting to: Head Of Credit
Purpose of the Role:
Responsible for a small team of credit controllers within a high volume high value ledger of a £1bn business. Driving cash collections and helping to minimise risk. Ensuring that Credit policy areas are maintained and adhered to within all parts of the business. Strong relationship management is key, with both internal and external customers.
You will oversee customer accounts within your ledgers, ensuring accurate payments are made within the terms agreed and help reduce debtor days. You will need to work closely and effectively with our branch network and senior managers/directors to work through any credit issues that arise.
You will also assist in the contact and duties of our outsourced offshore processing team based in India, making sure that their duties are carried out correctly, on time and within scope.
Production of key reports, metrics, SLA’s and KPI’s will be required for various aspects of your area, as well as some other ad hoc reporting.
• Minimum of 5 years Credit Control management experience.
• Experience of high volume account management
• Exceptional drive of cash collection through team management.
• Strong HR skills and dealing with team issues.
• Strong Excel skills and report creation.
• Exceptional communication skills. Track record of stakeholder management at all levels.
• Manager and develop a credit team of approx. 6 FTE’s (inc. 1-2-1’s and PDP’s)
• End to end responsibility of a ledger of circa 12,000 live accounts with a ledger value of £25M. Setting cash and collection targets within your team and delivering results at the highest level.
• Working closely with our offshore team, leading weekly calls and driving performance.
• Looking at initiatives and improvements, as well attending various projects within the business.
• Risk assessing with setting/amending credit limits – with an understanding of reading balance sheet and P&L info from risk agencies reports.
• A strong understanding of the legal collection process.
• Branch and customer visits required.
• Responsible for the collection cycle from end to end, including dunning letter production and the stop process within the current cycle.
• Strong account reconciliation skills to assist the team with problem accounts.
• Help the credit team with the month end procedures/reports.
• Cash forecasting.
• Working closely with Euro Car Parts branches and external customers to resolve queries.
• Placing accounts on stop / taking accounts off stop at the appropriate times with your team.
• Liaising with Branch’s and senior management regarding payment performance of some accounts that require assistance in collecting debt.
• Escalating any issues to the Head of Credit and or/ the business in the appropriate manner.
• Regular reviewing of your aged debt with your team to minimise overdue debt and unallocated cash.
• Ensuring that all stipulated procedures and Company Credit policy relating to all aspects of the operation of customer sales ledger accounts, are adhered to at all times.
• Processing journals.
• Help with the set up and collection direct debits.
• Ensure that ALL RD/RDPR cheques are dealt with.
• Dealing with all matters that affect the sales ledger and/or the credit team as and when required.
• Assist in bad debt write offs and associated duties.
• A full driving licence is required as occasional travelling to customers and branches will be necessary
Key business contacts Branch operations staff, Credit Control Team, Customers internal and external, finance department. Senior Management and Directors.
Essential/Desirable Qualifications: ICM / ILM would be avantageous.
Essential/Desirable Experience: 5 years minimum Credit Management experience working within a high value/volume business. Automotive industry experience would also be an advantage. Account reconciliation, dealing with intricate accounts is essential. Excellent HR knowledge and experience is essential. Direct Debit set up/collection experience.
Technical/Product Knowledge: Microsoft Office; Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, general Sales Ledger Software. Risk Agency products such as CreditSafe/Experian.
Essential/Desirable Skills/Competencies: Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Excellent attention to detail. Problem solving skills. Adequate mathematics skills. Experience in a similar role, experience working with high volume cash allocation. Excellent telephone manner, persistence and patience required with the more difficult customers. Excellent interpersonal skills. Winning and a can do attitude. Commercial and customer centric. Hands on.