Legal Credit Controller
Euro Car Parts is part of the LKQ Corporation, a Fortune 500 company and market leader in collision repair and recycled parts in North America and Europe, with an annualized turnover exceeding $5 billion worldwide and more than 20,000 employees across 7 countries.
Euro Car Parts is the fastest growing, largest automotive aftermarket specialist in the UK, with over 8,000 employees in over 200 branches nationwide.
Continued phenomenal growth in both the UK and Europe and the pursuit of £1bn turnover, it is the passion, high energy, tenacity and a “will to win” that are the driving force behind the astounding, yet consistent growth.
Job Specification – Legal Credit Controller
Based at Tamworth T2
Reporting to: Credit Risk Manager
Purpose of the Role: Minimising unallocated cash and the swift allocation of payments to accounts. To oversee Legal Accounts, Export Accounts and Leasing Companies. To run reports as needed, ensuring payments are made within the terms agreed with our customers coupled with reducing the Company’s risk and debtor days. Working closely between our Debt Collectors, branches and customers to reduce debtor days for each assigned branch. Ensuring designated customers pay within the terms set by the business. Assisting Credit Risk Manager with Sox Audits, Reporting and Policies.
• Dealing with high volume outgoing and inbound calls to and from customers and branches
• Chasing customers via telephone, letter and e-mail
• Working closely with Euro Car Parts branches and external customers to resolve queries
• Generation and sending of appropriate chasing letters to customers when necessary
• Placing accounts on stop / taking accounts off stop at the appropriate times
• Liaising with Branch’s and senior management regarding payment performance of some accounts that require assistance in collecting debt
• Escalating any issues to Credit Control Supervisor or Branch Managers where necessary
• Reviewing aged debt to minimise outstanding balances
• Account reconciliation, query resolution
• Prompt production and despatch of statements,
• Ensuring that all stipulated procedures and Company Credit policy relating to all aspects of the operation of customer sales ledger accounts, are adhered to at all times.
• Credit limit increases on accounts using credit agency facility
• Ledger reviews focusing on over 90 day debt and unallocated cash
• Cash allocation
• Prioritisation and allocation of unallocated cash and unidentified payments
• Cash collection targets are achieved
• Taking Credit Card Payments
• Processing journals
• Processing returned cheques and representing cheque payments
• Daily reporting and calculating daily cash received
• Distributing BACS received bank statements
• Allocating Credit card/Cheque/BACS payments in a prompt efficient manner to customer accounts
• Transfer of payments and account reconciliation where necessary
• Collating remittance advices received from customers and branches and filing
• Resolving customer payment queries efficiently
• Reviewing and pro-actively working on the reduction of unallocated cash
• Dealing with escalated/complex issues with customers in a positive manner
• Checking legal indicators and preparing accounts for litigation
• Monitor levels of bad debt ledger write-off’s
• Diary Notes and follow up reports
• A full driving licence is required as occasional travelling to customers and branches will be necessary
Key business contacts Branch operations staff, Credit Control Team, Customers internal and external, finance department
Essential/Desirable Qualifications: ICM would be advantageous
Essential/Desirable Experience: Legal Experience working within a busy credit control environment dealing with wide range of IMT customers. Account reconciliation, dealing with intricate accounts would be preferable, previous cash collection experience essential, ability to deal with high inbound and making high outbound calls. V-Lookups and Pivot tables in Excel
Technical/Product Knowledge: Microsoft Office; Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, General Sales Ledger Software
Essential/Desirable Skills/Competencies: Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Excellent attention to detail. Problem solving skills. Adequate mathematics skills. Experience in a similar role, experience working with high volume cash allocation. Excellent telephone manner, persistence and patience required with the more difficult customers. Excellent interpersonal skills.