Group Financial Controller
Robert Half is working with a leading retailer to recruit a Group Financial Controller to join their office based near Chippenham on a permanent basis. This is an exciting opportunity to join an established local during a continuing period of organic growth.
A solid Group Financial Controller is required to develop and implement financial and operational strategies which support continuing profitable growth and business expansion in line with short and long term plans
- Establish and regularly review the company's financial reporting systems to monitor financial performance, leading the introduction of new systems and/or processes as appropriate (eg EPOS).
- Construct annual budgets/targets for each department against which to compare actual results on a monthly/quarterly and annual basis with the support of the directors.
- Provide regular and relevant management information to board against budget and forecast and make recommendations to improve business effectiveness, profitability and address shortfalls.
- Maximise company working capital and stock to maximise profitability.
- Produce year end accounts file to trial balance and liaise with Company Auditors to ensure production of accurate and cost effective year end accounts.
- Provide ongoing input into the direction of business growth, creating detailed analysis of any capital expenditure, investment or strategic contracting.
- Establish clear control mechanisms for purchase and sales ledgers and review all data processing and operational systems within Finance to improve efficiencies.
- Create, develop and implement operational plans for IT strategies (infrastructure, hardware/software, phones etc)
- Ensure business and operational compliance with regulatory standards and procedures
- Contribute proactively to the development of operational processes and procedures working closely with Departmental Senior Managers and provide regular coaching in financial and commercial awareness.
- Recruit, lead and motivate the finance and IT functions to deliver high quality and timely support to the business and its goals.
- Ensure payroll is completed accurately and to timescale, supporting the ongoing development of technological efficiencies
- Qualified Accountant CIMA, ACCA or ACA
- Retail Industry experience including EPOS knowledge, Stock, Purchase Ledger and Cash Management
- Excellent Excel & SQL Server skills
- Knowledge of SAGE 200
££ Competitive Salary
28 days holiday
Staff Store discount
Free onsite parking
Flexible Working Hours
For further information please call Anneka Wilkins on 01793 571900
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.
Apply for Group Financial Controller
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly