An opportunity has arisen to join an innovative and growing organisation in Luton. The business are currently recruiting for an Assistant Accountant to join their organisation on a permanent basis. As Assistant Accountant you will receive a salary of between £28000 and £33000 per annum as well as full study support. As Assistant Accountant you will be responsible for:
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Assisting with statutory accounts and completion of full accounts for a smaller entity within the business
- Completion of client VAT returns monthly and annually
- Intrastat and EC Sales calculations
- Month end general ledger duties including prepayments, accruals and journals
- Fixed asset register and depreciation
- Preparing month end management and financial accounts for a number of clients
- Preparing self assessment tax returns
- Liasing with HMRC
- Assisting with the completion of annual statutory accounts for review of a Senior Accountant
- Liaising with clients on a daily basis with regards to financial activity
- CIS and tax reporting
As Assistant Accountant you will ideally have expereince of working within an accounting practice environment, however this isnt essential. However you must;
- Demonstrate good problem solving skills
- Have a strong background within accounting
- Have good Excel skills including pivot tables and V- lookups
- Have experience of working towards tight deadlines
As a rapidly growing organisation in Luton the organisation are recruiting an Assistant Accountant to join their team on a permanent basis. The business boast brand new offices with a bright and professional working environment and will offer full study support and on the job training to the successful candidate.
Salary & Benefits
As Assistant Accountant in Luton you will receive a salary of between £28000 and £33000 per annum as well as company specific benefits. You will also receive full study support.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.