Robert Half Finance & Accounting are recruiting a fantastic opportunity for a Management Accountant to join one of the UK's leading distribution services based in Bath. Paying from £40,000 - £45,000 + excellent Benefits.
Due to substantial growth this fantastic Management Accountant opportunity offers a great combination of month-end ownership, process improvement, and the opportunity to really add value to the commercial and operational running of the business. As part of an established finance team of 10, reporting into the Financial Controller, the Management Accountant will be responsible for the delivery of timely and accurate results in all areas of the accounting process. You will play a pivotal role in ensuring the continued success growing business.
- Implement any identified improvements in finance procedures, processes and internal controls.
- Help implement changes to controls and procedures.
- Have a strong understanding of accounts whilst providing insight into streamlining processes already established within the business
- Production of monthly Management Accounts, including fixed asset register, journals, and balance sheet reconciliations
- Undertaking Financial Analysis to provide valuable insight to decision makers
- Preparation of Budgets and analysis of variances to budget
- Forecasting and cash flow, overhead and cost analysis
- Business Partnering with both finance and non-finance senior stakeholders
- Presenting Management Information to key stakeholders
- Advising and accounting for VAT, including partial exemption calculations
- Development of management reports and provision of management information on an ad hoc basis
- Statutory Accounts preparation
- Driving business reporting performance
- Ad hoc Projects where required (ie - systems implementation, capital projects etc)
- Qualified (ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
- Good understanding of Management Accounts
- Previous exposure to system implementation & improvements
- Strong Analytical and Excel Skills (V Look-ups, Pivot Tables)
- Ability to communicate effectively with non-finance stakeholders
- Strong understanding of VAT and partial exemptions
- Proactive, Motivated, Self-starter.
Salary & Benefits
This Management Account will be offered a salary between £40,000 -£50,000 depending on experience. Excellent benefits including: 5% matched Pension, 23 days holiday + Bank Holidays.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-statement
Apply for Management Accountant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly