Director of Finance & Professional Services
This is an outstanding opportunity for an experienced, visionary professional. You will ensure that Trustees, the CEO and Girlguiding staff have access to the Finance, Legal and Human Resources services that they need to carry out their roles.
You will be directly responsible for the management of the Finance team, you will line manage the Head of Human Resources and Girlguiding’s Legal Officer, and you will manage the relationship with Girlguiding’s external legal advisors.
This is a crucial role for Girlguiding and we are seeking a dynamic professional with an exceptional skills mix. You will:
- Provide professional and visionary leadership in relation to Girlguiding’s professional services.
- Bring motivational leadership to the wider strategic management of Girlguiding.
- Report directly to Trustees on all aspects of Girlguiding’s professional services, attending Board meetings and senior governance committees.
- Take a leading role in contributing to the preparation of Girlguiding’s strategic and business plans.
- Ensure the development, implementation and evaluation of professional services strategies to support delivery of the Strategic Plan.Girlguiding values the differences that a diverse workforce brings and is committed to inclusivity, and to employing and supporting a diverse workforce.
Girlguiding is proud to be part of the Stonewall Diversity Champions programme, a member of the Business Disability Forum, and a member of Time to Change – improving attitudes towards mental health. While Girlguiding’s young members may be female only, our staff team is mixed gender. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds and do not discriminate on the basis of age, disability (physical or mental), gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion and belief, sex, and sexual orientation.