Position: Assistant Accountant
You’re an experienced assistant accountant/accounts senior.
You will most likely be part qualified (or even recently have completed your ACCA exams), currently studying for your P papers.
You are currently working in practice with at least 2 years’ experience mainly preparing annual accounts and self-assessment tax returns.
You’re methodical and practical with a high level of attention to detail and a pro-active and flexible attitude.
You’re considered a safe pair of hands, you like to get things right and achieve results.
You’re keen to develop your skills, love to be part of a team which recognizes when you’ve done a good job and where you can continue to develop new skills.
We are an award-winning accountancy practice and holder of the prestigious Investors in People Silver Award. We were finalist in the Business Excellence Forum 2017 Awards for Best Company Culture and are a finalist in the IIP’s 2017 Awards for Best Newcomer. We are a growing team, currently 14 strong and committed to the ongoing development of our team members as well as to delivering a unique and continually improving service to small businesses and individuals within Oxfordshire and Berkshire.
We have exceptional training programmes and benefits, as an IIP approved employer, an enviable company culture and a passion to see our people succeed in all aspects of their lives. We continue to grow at double digit percentages year on year (now 10 in a row) and have an enviable client retention rate.
What will you be working on?
- Client annual accounts preparation for sole traders, small limited companies, partnerships and LLPs using a variety of systems and spreadsheets (with relevant disclosures and explanatory notes and schedules).
- Corporation tax return and associated computation preparation (including R & D Tax Credits) and supporting schedules.
- Self-assessment tax return preparation for individuals, partnerships, and property investors (including capital gains computations).
- Addressing client accounting or taxation queries and helping them put appropriate plans into effect.
- Supporting upcoming members of the team with VAT and bookkeeping guidance.
What are the future opportunities?
You will be given the opportunity to discuss and agree your own personalized development plan to help develop you towards you goals and aspiration.
Why will you want to work here?
- You want to feel appreciated and valued.
- You’re frustrated at all that study and not having the chance to shine.
- Your development is being held back by a lack of opportunity.
- You’re intrigued at the possibility of being considered for part of the ownership of the business as you continue to develop and progress.
- You want to know what’s happening, where the business is going and be able to contribute to that direction.
- You wish you could be part of an organization that values caring, respect, responsibility, learning, teamwork, honesty, excellence, fun, recognition, openness and generosity.