Bookkeeper / Senior Bookkeeper
Position: Senior Bookkeeper / Bookkeeper (Qualified Accountant in Training)
You’re an experienced bookkeeper now looking to develop your skills further with the likely goal of training to become a fully qualified accountant.
You’re methodical and practical with a high level of attention to detail and a pro-active and flexible attitude.
You’re considered a safe pair of hands, you like to get things right and achieve results. It’s likely that you’re already qualified to AAT Level 3 (ideally level 4) or the equivalent by experience.
You’re diligent and precise and you love a good bank reconciliation.
You’re keen to develop your skills, love to be part of a team which recognizes when you’ve done a good job and where you can continue to develop new skills.
We are an award-winning accountancy practice and holder of the prestigious Investors in People Silver Award. We were finalist in the Business Excellence Forum 2017 Awards for Best Company Culture and are a finalist in the IIP’s 2017 Awards for Best Newcomer. We are a growing team, currently 14 strong and committed to the ongoing development of our team members as well as to delivering a unique and continually improving service to small businesses and individuals within Oxfordshire and Berkshire.
We have exceptional training programmes as befits an IIP approved employer, an enviable company culture and a passion to see our people succeed in all aspects of their lives. We continue to grow at double digit percentages year on year (now 10 in a row) and have an enviable client retention rate. This role has substantial development potential, right through to becoming a fully qualified chartered certified accountant.
What will you be working on?
- Working with a portfolio of client accounts
- Posting sales and purchase invoices and their associated payments, expenses claims and credit notes
- CIS deductions and payments suffered for construction clients
- Bank & credit card reconciliations
- Processing monthly journals such as payroll, depreciation, accruals and prepayments and month end procedures and reports
- Preparation of VAT calculations and VAT returns
- Learning new accounting software packages
What are the future opportunities?
You will be given the opportunity to discuss and agree your own personalized development plan to help develop you towards you goals and aspiration. You might like to learn new systems, maybe even aspire to develop a career as a chartered certified accountant or perhaps you’d like to specialize in VAT or training the clients they help.
Why will you want to work here?
- You want to feel appreciated and valued.
- You’re frustrated at all that study and not having the chance to shine.
- Your development is being held back by a lack of opportunity.
- You’re intrigued at the possibility of being considered for part of the ownership of the business as you continue to develop and progress.
- You want to know what’s happening, where the business is going and be able to contribute to that direction.
- You wish you could be part of an organization that values caring, respect, responsibility, learning, teamwork, honesty, excellence, fun, recognition, openness and generosity.
Apply for Bookkeeper / Senior Bookkeeper
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly