Head of Finance
The Head of Finance will work closely with the MD of this growing, privately owned business to ensure finance is an integral part of the business and manage the finance function.
Highly profitable and fast growth, privately owned business that has gone from strength to strength in recent years.
The Head of Finance will be required to;
- To work closely with the MD on driving the business forward and developing a finance strategy in line with the aspirations of the business
- To oversee all activities of the finance function and be responsible for the flow of financial information to the MD
- To ensure management information is accurate, robust and timely.
- To develop and implement policies and procedures to ensure sound management, compliance and control of the business's finances.
- To ensure finance is an integral part of the business.
key Responsibilities will be;
- Managing and developing the finance team to ensure they are working effectively and efficiently.
- Overall control of all financial transactions and accountancy matters, including development of financial and management reporting within the group's financial system.
- Monitoring all expenditure including the costs of events and external contracts to ensure the group is receiving value for money.
- Implementing improved financial controls, procedures and processes.
- Producing the annual budget and forecasts during the year, for the group and operating companies, working with all areas within the business.
- Analyse financial information and working with budget holders to ensure budgets are adhered to.
- Develop forecasting and performance information to enable senior management to monitor financial performance and variances as appropriate.
- Liaising closely with operations, budget holders and senior management to support and deliver timely and accurate information to help make financial decisions.
- Involvement in producing financial projections for new projects / tenders.
The successful candidate will be a qualified accountant and will have experience of working in an SME environment.
Salary of between £40-50k plus car allowance and excellent benefits