Founded in 1998 Blenheim Chalcot traces its roots back to netdecisions, the internet services group. Already back then we set out to build companies to transform industry sectors. And since then we’ve become the UK’s leading venture builder, with portfolio sales of over £300m, more than 3,000 employees, and a successful track record of over 40 companies. Our approach to transforming industries has always been the same. We are venture builders, not venture capitalists. We invest more than just funds; we invest our knowledge and experience, our ideas and our infrastructure.
We are looking to recruit a highly talented, up and coming FD to work Contentive:
Contentive is a forward-thinking digital marketing company specialising in products and services that optimise B2B publishing and content marketing. With our advanced digital marketing services and technology, we help our clients grow their businesses by engaging with audiences through outstanding content and positioning themselves as thought leaders.
The business is majority owned by Blenheim Chalcot and Chaired by Founding Partner Charles Mindenhall. They are based in Hammersmith with exciting growth plans for 2017 and 2018. We are looking for an outstanding candidate who can work for Contentive and will enjoy a high growth, highly challenging few years.
- Strategic partner. Serve as a key member of the top management team in developing and implementing Contentive business strategy. Act as a thought leader in providing analytical insight and perspective with respect to measures such as cash flow, business development and unit economics. Partner with the senior management teams to provide financial oversight, establish metrics and monitor performance.
- Active financial management. Be hands on with finance and financial management. Be prepared to roll your sleeves up and process invoices and look after the pennies and well as the strategy. See the opportunity to get hands on work done as a real contribution to the business rather than a task that is beneath them. Ensure that they actively monitor the business and produce the MI and reporting that is needed to achieve this.
- Planning and analysis. Oversee the development of capital allocation and strategic plans to ensure optimal utilization of financial resources. Help lead the development of future business strategies as well as pricing models for products and services; establish long term financial goals; and monitor and analyse ongoing performance against these objectives. Develop high-quality financial information and analysis to provide context and insight to decision-makers across the companies.
- Capital markets. Play a leading role in defining the companies’ financial structure, equity fund raising and balance sheet management. Interface with investors and third party financial institutions; arrange and negotiate bank credit lines, loans and other debt financings. Continuously evaluate options to maximize company value as they grow.
- Establish strong financial controls and, more importantly, serve as a moral compass within the companies by instilling a culture that emphasises dealing with issues in a transparent and honest way.
- Executive Leadership. Provide strong leadership in the recruitment, training and development of top quality talent across the entire organisation. Understand that the role is to ensure their peers’ members make sound decisions and use influencing skills to positively engage in teaching opportunities.
- Extensive experience in finance, ideally as an FD of a high growth technology or MarTech entity, preferably in B2B. Experience outside these industries will be considered with the emphasis on experience working to scale a business. Familiarity with establishing financial operations working with businesses that operate in a hyper growth / startup mode. An accounting degree is a plus but not a requirement.
- Strong academic background. Ideally degree educated or similar with ACCA/CIMA/ACA qualification. This is a qualified position.
- Experience working with Venture Capital funded entities ideally through to a liquidity event is preferred. Strong relationships within the banking and investing community and solid understanding of the needs of venture capital and other investors.
- A flawless track record regarding ethics and compliance. The FD have significant experience working for a global organization known for its commitment to tight financial controls and systems, and its development of industry leaders.
- A history of a strong advisory relationship with the CEO of a high velocity business, based on expertise, intellect and a direct, open and candid style. Beyond reporting accurate numbers, the FD should be able to accurately tell a “story” of the business and apply a thoughtful analysis for the organization and its constituents.
- Significant expertise in business development / contracting. A candidate with solid treasury, financing and banking experience is critical.
- Extensive experience leading a corporate restructuring or an ongoing operational improvement and cost efficiency program. Change management experience is preferred.
- History of setting and achieving the highest standards of performance for the team; someone truly recognized for attracting great talent, building a strong bench and developing a successor. Ideally, a person with a great appreciation for how critical creating a high performing team is to success.
Ideal Personal Profile
The successful candidate will be intellectually powerful, candid, direct and non-political, with a highly developed sense of ethics, energy, confidence, creativity and ambition. Other essential attributes include:
- Untarnished reputation for personal and professional integrity and honesty.
- Strong executive presence and credibility; an executive with management skills that allow for instant credibility with employees, customers and business partners.
- A proven motivator of people; an executive with undeniable experience in rallying the troops; not afraid to roll up his/her sleeves.
- Ability to think and act like a shareholder; proactively suggests change and improvements and is willing to execute on them.
- Exceptional overall business and general management skills, both quantitative and qualitative.
- A creative and innovative individual, with the ability to simplify, communicate and sell ideas across the organization.
- A team-oriented, assertive personal style; highly developed interpersonal skills, adept as an influencer and negotiator.
- An interest in technology and the rapid developments of the global economy.
More jobs like this
- Qualified by Experience Media / Entertainment / Advertising Accountant jobs in London (Central)
- Qualified by Experience Media / Entertainment / Advertising Financial Director jobs in London (Central)
- Qualified by Experience Media / Entertainment / Advertising Head of Finance jobs in London (Central)