Chief Financial & Operating Officer
Lighthouse Schools Partnership is a Multi-Academy Trust. There are currently six schools in the Trust but we are embarked upon an exciting period of significant growth. The Trust is cross-phase and includes Infant, Junior, Primary and Secondary schools. Lighthouse Schools Partnership is a mixed MAT and includes both non-denominational and Church of England schools.
LSP are looking for an experienced CFOO to join the leadership team. Reporting to the Chief Executive, you will be responsible for the financial reporting and control of the business and the leadership of the IT, HR, finance, legal and risk management functions.
You will need to contribute to the key areas of finance, operations, services and growth acquisitions, thereby supporting the business to achieve its strategic plan. Success in the role will be demonstrated by the increased financial understanding and ownership of performance across the business.
- The primary purpose is to both report and business partner the Chief Executive, to identify and help to develop short, medium and long term financial plans and business strategies in order to achieve agreed Trust objectives and to subsequently implement the agreed plans and strategies.
- To effectively manage on a day-to-day basis all key issues relating to the Trust’s financial matters, including the management of treasury, financial growth strategy, debtors and creditors, cash flow and the efficient and timely presentation of data relating to the Trust’s financial performance, as and when agreed necessary.
- To act as the Trust’s Company Secretary and to develop, build and lead the legal functions to be aligned with the business strategy.
- To lead and support the activities of the operational leadership team and effectively manage relationships with Headteachers, Trustees and professional advisers including auditors, insurance brokers and solicitors.
- In liaison with the Chief Executive, to undertake all necessary activities to recommend to the Board of Trustees an annual budget by year, rolling forecasts and a 5-year business plan.
To be considered for this role you should be an exceptionally skilled and entrepreneurial qualified accountant or equivalent, with a strong commercial accounting background including experience of complex structures, tax planning, finance systems, cash management and managing 3rd parties. It is essential that you will have private and/or public enterprise experience as a Finance Director, CFO, COO or equivalent.
- Educated to degree level and professionally qualified (ACA, CIMA, ACCA, CIPFA or equivalent);
- Extensive post qualification experience working at Senior/Board level;
- Experience of strategic leadership and business planning in a diverse business;
- Proven track record of managing change, delivering results and meeting performance targets;
- Able to challenge the status quo, encourage innovation and drive continuous improvement.