Accounts Semi-Senior - Milton Keynes c£20K - £28K pro rata
We are recruiting for an AAT qualified or ACCA studier with experience gained from working in Public Practice to deal with the bookkeeping and payroll requirements for a varied client base. We can consider part time or full time applicants.
Our client is an independent firm of Chartered Accountants providing dedicated accountancy services to small and medium-sized businesses, covering many industry sectors across Milton Keynes, Bedford, Northampton, Brackley and Buckingham.
The firm is growing and offers services from bookkeeping and payroll, to year-end accounts and audits, taxation for sole traders, partnerships and family companies.
Role & Responsibilities:
- VAT submissions to HMRC.
- Book-keeping for clients including; purchases, sales, bank payments and receipts.
- Assisting with the processing of payroll (using in-house computer system to run weekly/monthly payroll).
- Maintaining Company information, databases and records with Excel, Word, Outlook.
- Liaising and building relationships with customers and suppliers.
- Monthly ad-hoc reporting.
- Maintaining client filing system.
- Be a point of contact for customers, quickly and efficiently answering and resolving queries.
- Marketing and promoting the practice through marketing, social media and networking events.
Key Skills & Experience
- Have previously worked in a finance role within an accountancy/finance environment. General practice experience preferred.
- Hold (or studying towards) an accountancy qualification AAT Technical level or ACCA.
- Book-keeping experience.
- Experience of using sage accounts and payroll software
- Proven experience of high quality administration work.
- Previous payroll experience using on-line payroll systems.
- Numerate, able to work with and interpret financial data, analytical with good problem solving skills.
- Computer literate with a good working knowledge of MS-Office, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Good time management skills, ability to prioritise workload and meet deadlines.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Confident telephone manner and ability to convey professional image at all times.
- A team player but able to work on own initiative and unsupervised.
- Strong interpersonal skills and able to deal with people at all levels.
- Able to work efficiently with a high level of accuracy.
- Prepared to travel locally and have own transport. Hold a full, valid UK or EU driver’s licence.
The final salary offered will depend on current level of experience and ability.
Apply for Accounts Semi-Senior
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly