Finance Assistant / Accounts Assistant / Finance Administrator
Job Title: Finance Assistant
Location: Motherwell, Scotland
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Closing Date: 15th November 2017
Our Client pioneered the large scale commercial production of biodiesel in the UK and is the UK's leading waste-to-energy biodiesel producer. The company is owned by John Swire and Sons Green Investments, part of the John Swire and Sons Company, a major international group with over 136,000 employees worldwide, who have provided investment to facilitate significant growth and development.
They are currently looking to recruit for a Finance Assistant who will be responsible for managing all information relating to sales invoices produced by the company and other ad hoc finance support as appropriate. The role principally involves the co-ordination of supporting information, preparation of invoices, journals, balance sheet reconciliations, issuing invoices to customers, accounting for invoices, reporting on sales, liaising with customers, credit control, checking payment runs and other finance admin. The role will be dealing with existing and new clients as the business continues to grow.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Producing invoices for sales across the Group (responsible for Motherwell and Stanlow sales):
- High blend customers
- Bulk product sales
- By-products and UCO
- Other ad hoc sales; and
- Support on low blend customers
- Inputting sales invoices in the financial accounting system (Opera) including correct split codings where appropriate
- Inputting other journals as required
- Preparing relevant balance sheet reconciliations
- Checking delivery schedule supplied from Fuel Supply Team for completion of data
- Checking customer pricing
- Managing sales analysis tracking and reporting
- Liaising with customers and dealing with invoicing and other relevant queries in an effective and timely manner in conjunction with the Fuel Supply Team
- Producing customer statements
- Creating accounts for new customers including credit control checks.
- Setting up and collecting direct debits
- Running weekly debtors reports, liaising with customers to agree balances & payment and chasing overdue debtors
- Co-ordinating customer recharges
- Checking bank and posting customer receipts onto the Sales Ledger daily
- Sales day book and control account reconciliations
- Checking payment runs
- Maintaining confidentiality of the department and using discretion where necessary
- Ensuring good relations and communications with all members of the team and responding politely and in a timely fashion to internal and external customers
Qualifications / Knowledge & Experience
- Experience of Excel and accounting systems (ideally Opera)
- Part or fully AAT qualified or studying towards a relevant finance qualification (ACCA, CIMA etc); or
- A degree (or equivalent further education qualification) in accountancy with relevant work experience; or
- Experience of working with sales ledger beneficial
Specific Knowledge, Experience & Skills
- Excellent data entry skills - fast and accurate
- Good working knowledge of financial systems, databases and Microsoft packages
- Exceptionally high standards with meticulous attention to detail
- Highly organised
- A flexible team player with the ability to work proactively
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- A self-starter with a positive, enthusiastic 'can do' attitude and a down to earth approachable manner
- A problem solver with the ability to assume responsibility and act on own initiative.
- Customer focused
- Ability to work accurately in a busy, demanding environment, whilst adhering to stringent deadlines
- Reliable, conscientious and dedicated
- Some travel to other Group sites may be required
This job description is a summary of the main duties of the role but is not exhaustive. It may be reviewed and updated regularly in discussion with the post holder.
Please click the APPLY button and CHECK YOUR EMAILS for the link to the careers page.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Finance Assistant, Accounts Assistant, Purchase Ledger, SAGE 200, SAGE50, Accounts Assistant, Financial Assistant, Accounts Administrator, Accounts Clerk, Finance Officer, Accounts Officer, Finance Clerk, Finance Administrator, Assistant Accountant, Accounts Payable, Accounts Analyst, Accounts Receivable, Credit Control may also be considered for this role.