Head of Finance and Commercial
Head of Finance and Commercial
Robert Half is pleased to be working with a leading FTSE listed business based in the West Midlands. Our client is looking for a Head of Finance and Commercial on a permanent basis to look after a circa £100m division.
The Head of Finance and Commercial will play a critical role in creating a best in class Finance function and to improve internal bench strength within the Finance team.
This role will be ideally to provide succession to the Finance Director roles and will act as deputy to the sector FD as required. Due to the importance of this role you will have the technical knowledge, intellect, commercial nous and interpersonal skills to impact the business. Of equal importance will be a 'shirtsleeves' approach and strong execution skills.
- Business partner to the Director of the business unit providing commercial leadership and constructive challenge to support the business plans.
- Focus on driving the growth of the portfolio and the wider business including the development of commercial pricing proposals alongside the Business Unit Director.
- Proactively establish, develop and maintain strong relationships with key customers (both current and prospective) including the Finance, Procurement and Legal teams.
- Lead contract negotiations ensuring the appropriate balance of risk and reward is maintained.
- Responsible for the overall financial and commercial management and control of the business unit portfolio including internal reporting and forecasting.
- Member of the business unit management team with considerable involvement and influence in management decision-making.
- Identify and initiate profit improvement initiatives.
- Develop and support the delivery of the business 3-year business plan.
- Take a central role in new business projects and start-ups in a dynamic business development environment.
- Lead, motivate and develop the finance teams within the Business Unit.
- Fully qualified and experienced Accountant.
- Commercially focused and results driven.
- Well-developed communication skills with the ability to build strong relationships at all levels, both internally and externally.
- Ability to assimilate new information quickly and demonstrate a comprehensive understanding.
- Strong networking ability and sophistication to build strategic relationships with customers.
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills.
- Robust, resilient and diplomatic.
- Capacity to deal with a wide range of stakeholders with conflicting priorities.
- A proactive, energetic, pragmatic leader with strong people and relationship skills.
- Comfortable operating in a management environment is open and honest, lean, informal, dynamic and sometimes 'hands-on'.
- Hardworking and able to work in a collaborative way.
- Up to £90,000 + Car + Bonus
- There is a need to travel across the Midlands to visit client sites
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-statement
Apply for Head of Finance and Commercial
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly