Finance Business Partner
Position: Finance Business Partner – Zoological (Full-Time / Permanent)
Salary: £45,353 (Inclusive of London Weighting)
Location: ZSL London Zoo – NW1
The Zoological Society of London (ZSL), a charity founded in 1826, is a leading international conservation, science and education charity. ZSL's mission is to promote and achieve the worldwide conservation of animals and their habitats. This is realised by carrying out field conservation and research in over 50 counties around the world and through education and engagement at our two zoos, ZSL London Zoo and ZSL Whipsnade Zoo, inspiring people to take conservation action.
We are currently seeking a self-motivated and enthusiastic qualified accountant with post-qualified experience to work at ZSL as Finance Business Partner, providing vital financial support to the Zoological Directorate across both London Zoo and Whipsnade Zoo sites. The Zoological Directorate is responsible for animal care and management, facilities, capital works and education.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Duties will involve, but not be limited to:
- Report and deliver monthly management accounts to all budget holders.
- Provide appropriate P&L analysis and insight along with linkage to business strategies and plans.
- Support the annual Budgeting, quarterly reforecast and longer term business planning processes, and ensuring effective involvement from the business & other finance teams.
- Deliver significant improvement in financial reporting on business performance, specifically improving understanding of income, cost discipline and transparency.
- Support the provision of financial information and analysis, understanding the key drivers of the business both current and proposed to facilitate efficient management of the operations and income growth.
- Providing insightful information and analysis to Directors and Heads of Departments.
The role will require effective business partnering for ZSL’s Zoological activities. Specific activities will include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain and monitor cash flow forecast for ZSL’s capital projects.
- Prepare and review the accruals and prepayments reconciliations for ZSL on a monthly basis.
Qualifications & Experience
The person must be a qualified accountant (either ACCA, ACA or CIMA) and be an experienced and dynamic business partner, with first rate analytical skills and the ability to present financial information in an engaging manner.
Skills & Abilities
The following skills and abilities are essential:
- Proven finance business partnering experience in working within a large complex organisation, preferably within the higher education sector
- Strong commercial acumen and ability to think strategically
- Ability to provide insight from financial and non-financial data
- Ability to robustly challenge decision making and drive continuous improvement in business performance whilst maintaining positive relationships
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and experience of using Powerpoint
- The ability to manage competing priorities confidently and competently
- The ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced environment
- Excellent attention to detail
- The ability to handle confidential information professionally
- Confident communicator, with excellent written and spoken English and strong presentational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- The gravitas to engage proactively with senior stakeholders and influence behaviours in a positive way
- A proven ability to work effectively with teams and senior managers
Please note: This is a full-time (37.5 hours per week), permanent position reporting to the Finance Business Partner Manager. The post will be based at ZSL’s offices in Regents Park. Having a "can do attitude", solution-focused approach and the ability to make objective decisions under pressure will make you a success in this role.
What's on Offer:
This role offers a competitive salary plus a comprehensive benefits package including 25 days holiday, stakeholder pension where the employer minimum contribution is 6%, complimentary zoo tickets and more!
Applicants will need to upload their CV and covering letter (detailing relevant experience and skills, stating why they want the position and including details of availability) by clicking the "Apply for this job online" button. If you have any queries regarding this position or when applying through the system please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for applications: Midnight (23:59) Sunday 26th November 2017.
The Zoological Society of London is a charity registered in England and Wales: no. 208728.
ZSL kindly requests no contact from agencies or media sales please regarding this position.