Position: International Accountant (Full-Time / Permanent)
Salary: £40,239 (Inclusive of London Weighting)
Location: ZSL London Zoo – NW1
The Zoological Society of London (ZSL), a charity founded in 1826, is a leading international conservation, science and education charity. ZSL’s mission is to promote and achieve the worldwide conservation of animals and their habitats. This is realised by carrying out field conservation and research in over 50 countries around the world and through education and engagement at our two zoos, ZSL London Zoo and ZSL Whipsnade Zoo, inspiring people to take conservation action.
As part of the International Finance Team, this visible, high profile role will involve collaborating directly with senior stakeholders across the business specifically within the Conservation Programmes (CP) department to support ZSL policies and procedures overseas. This includes:
- Ensuring that appropriate accounting systems, policies and procedures are developed for operation by country programmes and that these are rolled out effectively to country programme offices;
- Ensuring that the control environment and processes are robust and financial reporting and budgeting is up to date and accurate; and
- Providing effective assurance to senior management that financial management is operated effectively in the country programme offices.
The successful candidate will report into the International Financial Controller and will be expected to understand financial performance, report on compliance with financial policies and procedures, identify risks & support the development of mitigating actions, and to provide financial capacity building with a particular focus on our in-country colleagues. As such candidates should have a can-do attitude, possess great people-management and project-management skills to keep track of multiple projects.
The successful candidate will ideally:
- Be a fully qualified accountant (ACCA/CIMA/ACA) who has executed a similar role.
- Strong interpersonal skills to enable you to communicate at all levels of finance and non-finance staff are essential.
- Have experience as an Accountant working with EU, DFID or similar major international donors/funding
- Have solid understanding of all financial controls and audit.
- Experience of Sun Accounts and Vision an advantage.
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office Excel is essential as is the ability to use pivot tables.
- The ability to present complex financial matters in an easy to understand way.
Please note: This is a full-time (37.5 hours per week), permanent position reporting to the International Financial Controller. Whilst the post is primarily based at ZSL’s main office in Regents Park, the functional nature of the job may require the post holder to travel overseas to country offices on an occasional basis.
What's on Offer:
This role offers a competitive salary plus a comprehensive benefits package including 25 days holiday, stakeholder pension where the employer minimum contribution is 6%, complimentary zoo tickets and more!
Applicants will need to upload their CV and covering letter (detailing relevant experience and skills, stating why they want the position and including details of availability) by clicking the "Apply for this job online" button. If you have any queries regarding this position or when applying through the system please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for applications: Midnight (23:59) Tuesday 21st November 2017.
The Zoological Society of London is a charity registered in England and Wales: no. 208728.