Robert are partnering with a business based in South Bristol that are recruiting for an Assistant Accountant, the selected candidate will be assisting the Group Financial Controller in the preparation of consolidated management information and the exercise of financial controls for the business. The role will also include the provision of cover and support to other Group financial functions.
The correct candidate should be able to demonstrate a track record of preparing, presenting and analysis of financial Information. This would ideally require an accounting background, qualified to at least AAT level and possibly enrolled on a higher level qualification (ACCA, CIMA), as well as the ability to handle and manipulate data to a highly competent standard using appropriate software tools, including but not limited to Microsoft Excel. The person should also be able to demonstrate an ability to organise their own schedule and report financial information in a timely and accurate manner.
Key Duties under the supervision and management of the Group Financial Controller:
- Responsible for the receipt of standard management information from the Group's operating businesses. This information is to be imported to the Group's financial consolidation package and manipulated to present Key Performance Indicator and consolidated management accounts reports as an end product.
- The consolidated management accounts reports are prepared under International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS). A detailed knowledge of IFRS is not a requirement of this role, but the ability to reflect IFRS, under the guidance of the Financial Controller, will be necessary.
- Preparation of templates for use by the operating businesses
- Annual budgets
- Quarterly forecasts
- Business plans
Key duties assisting the Group Financial Controller as necessary in the production of regular reports, including but not limited to:
- Consolidated annual budgets
- Consolidated quarterly forecasts
- Quarterly reporting to the bank
- Consolidated 2 weekly cashflows, and
- Business plans
- Preparation of reports based on submitted information from the operating businesses.
- Maintain the accounting records for the business), Inc. (including the consolidation of the US sub-group).
- Maintain the accounting records for the businesses -Logic Consolidation Company.
The benefits of the role are:
- Salary:£23,000 - £28,000
- 5% company pension contribution (employee has to make a 3% contribution)
- Life cover of 2 x salary
- 20 days annual leave (plus bank and public holidays), increasing by 1 day each year to a maximum of 25 days.
- Free onsite parking
- Office hours are 8.30 to 5.00 but can flex so start as late at 9.30 and finish by 4.30.
- Study package option
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-statement
Apply for Assistant Accountant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly