Deputy Chief Finance Officer
5 days left
- Contract Type
- Full time
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Deputy Chief Finance Officer to join our Award Winning team as we continue to develop and grow. We are looking for a dynamic, industrious and forward thinking individual who will:
- Provide oversight and strategic leadership to ensure current and future financial health;
- Provide corporate oversight of the financial affairs, ensuring all financial activities are carried out in compliance with statutory, regulatory and contractual requirements;
- Promote and guide commercial awareness, identifying, advising and directing on effective growth paths;
- Develop and maintain cohesive finance administration and management systems;
- Ensure all statutory returns are completed within set deadlines;
- Play a significant role as a member of the Trust’s Executive Leadership Team.
Nexus Multi Academy Trust is an innovative and forward thinking Trust operating across the Rotherham and Doncaster local authority areas. We have the privilege of working with wonderful children and families every single day, and our responsibility to and for them is our utmost priority. In September 2017 we were recognised for our strengths by being awarded “Outstanding Governance” status by the National Governance Association.
The purpose of the role will be to provide a professional accounting and financial service across the trust, working closely with the Chief Finance Officer in the strategic financial decision making. The successful candidate will be CCAB qualified (ie ACA, ACCA CIMA or CIPFA) or currently working towards this qualification.
The successful applicant must have access to car and be able to travel as attendance at locations across the Trust’s schools including in Rotherham and Doncaster is essential.
In return we can offer you:
- A supportive, committed and professional working environment.
- Positive opportunities for professional development and a commitment to continuous learning.
- A challenging and demanding role which will stretch your accounting skills.
Nexus Multi Academy Trust School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check will be required for the successful applicant.