Business Systems Management Accountant - Graduate
Job Title: Business Systems Management Accountant
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
The Company is one of the fastest growing railway companies in UK. Their central functions are supporting three divisions providing first rate service to their main client Network Rail.
About the Role:
The role holder is responsible for assisting the Head of Business Systems in supporting, maintaining and developing business in the United Kingdom, which is comprised of the company accounting system and associated systems to meet identified processes and reporting requirements.
In addition, the option to enrol for the ACA qualification may be offered as part of the existing ACA Programme. Should the option to enrol be offered and accepted, it is expected that the individual will complete the ACA qualification, with support from the business whilst in the role.
- Responsibility for supporting financial systems and procedures for transparent and effective management of the business
- Verifying that system data collation is carried out promptly and that it is accurate by scrutinising all financial records/reports and rectifying any errors
- Reconciling records across functions and systems, and coordinating the preparation, production and distribution of monthly/quarterly reports/returns for external distribution
- Supporting the effective and consistent implementation of the organisation's business systems regulations, policies and procedures
- Supporting 'best in class' systems and processes to enable business managers to carry out their duties effectively, whilst providing a centre of expertise and support network where this is needed
- Working with the Head of Business Systems in ensuring that the system set-up is fit for purpose
Qualifications and experience required
- Excellent A relevant degree/qualification from a leading UK university and also relevant practical experience
- A desire to work in a dedicated systems role, working in a fast-paced team
- A desire to work in a dedicated systems role, working in a fast-paced team environment and a robust and enthusiastic personality, and a demonstration of the ability to work to strict deadlines
- An understanding of reporting requirements demanded by a Group finance function combined with the technical discipline of supporting the Group's accounting systems and other support systems
- High standards and a desire to develop both themselves and the role over time
The Company in the United Kingdom values and encourages diversity in their workforce, regardless of background, disability or gender. As part of their aim to deliver quality services, they are committed to promoting equality and eliminating discrimination.
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the relevant degree or less than 6 months experience as a Graduate, Trainee, Graduate Accountant, Trainee Management Accountant, Graduate Management Accountant, Trainee Accountant, Junior Accountant, Accounts Coordinator will also be considered for this role.