MANUFACTURING FINANCE MANAGER
Robert Half Finance & Accounting are partnering with an Manufacturing related business based in Luton who are recruiting a Finance Manager
In the position of Finance Manager Luton you will report to the Head of Finance and be required to prepare the financial month end and other periodic reporting (including statutory accounts), as well as forecasting routines, sales and costing analysis, and provide support to enhance the financial control environment. Other key duties to include:
* To complete the month end reporting process (using the ERP system), including profit and loss, balance sheet reconciliations, cash flow statement and presentation of summary information pack to local management.
* To overview and control short-term cash planning.
* To control end of year Statutory reporting, and audit preparation / liaison under IFRS
* To coordinate and prepare annual R&D tax credit submissions.
* To maintain and improve business models to support latest forecasts, annual Budgets and long term strategic planning
* To produce periodic financial and operational reports illustrating performance against latest financial forecast at company and cost centre level
* To develop and maintain sales tracker and margin analysis, and highlighting key risks and opportunities from comparison to sales forecasts
* To develop costing methodology and reporting, including reviewing inventory valuations, work in progress, and project costing / revenue recognition.
* To control the fixed asset register
* Assist the management team to optimise performance, cost control and drive profitability
* To develop, expand and continuously review financial processes and control procedures taking into account all internal and external stakeholder requirements
* To build on functionality in new ERP system, develop controls & reporting.
* To provide support as number 2 to FD on all departmental matters, including staff in AP, AR and Cashbook and Management Accounts (UK GAAP).
The successful candidate will need to be a Qualified Accountant either ACA/ ACCA/ CIMA
Strong man management skills and ability to develop skills within the team
Excellent IT skills including Microsoft Excel to a high level and ability or experience of using a fully integrated accounting system is essential.
IFS experience would be advantageous.
Reputable Engineering/ Manufacturing business looking to add an experienced Finance Manager to support the Finance Director with a strong emphasis around driving financial controls. Excellent opportunity to have full autonomy and contributing towards driving business performance.
Salary & Benefits
£55,000 - £60,000 Plus Bonus, 25 days Holiday, Private Pension, Private Health & Benefits
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-statement