Tax Manager - Biotech - Cambridge
Robert Half are hiring for an in-house Tax Manager for an exciting, fast-growth Biotechnology business based in Cambridge. This is a newly-created, permanent position that can be considered on either a full-time or part-time basis.
Reporting into the Finance Director, the Tax Manager is responsible for taking the lead role on all global tax affairs that affect the business, with the use of external advisers. This covers multiple areas of UK and international taxation including corporate tax, VAT/Indirect tax, Transfer Pricing and R&D tax credits.
- Global tax compliance and preparing direct/indirect tax returns
- Responsible for global tax strategy and planning including internal and external stakeholder management
- Managing external relationships with advisors and authorities
- Preparing tax disclosures and commentary for internal and external financial reporting
- Preparation and optimisation of R&D tax credit and patent box along with other tax incentive schemes.
- Ownership of transfer pricing strategy, documentation and implementation
- Indirect Tax Review and reporting
- Other responsibilities as required
The company are looking to hire a tax specialist who is either a qualified accountant (ACA / ICAS / ACCA / CIMA) or a qualified tax advisor (CTA). They can consider hiring someone on either a full-time or part-time basis.
The successful candidate will have strong corporate tax skills; Ideally they will also have experience in VAT/Indirect tax or R&D tax but this is not strictly required.
Excellent communications skills are a must, and strong proficiency in Excel will be highly beneficial.
The client is an award-winning, high-growth Biotechnology business based near to Cambridge who are at the cutting edge of their particular field and who are a truly exciting and inspiring company to work for.
Salary & Benefits
Salary is likely to be in the region of £50,000 to £60,000 plus excellent benefits package. (This would be pro-rated for a part-time applicant)
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-statement