Springer Nature is an ambitious and dynamic organisation that is home to some of the best known names in research, educational and professional publishing. We believe in creating a great place to work where people are inspired, valued and developed and this forms a key part of our strategy. We’re always looking for outstanding, creative people to join us, individuals who are driven by new and exciting challenges and committed to producing high quality results.
We’re looking for a talented individual to join us as an Assistant Accountant in our friendly and supportive finance team. You’ll enjoy collecting and interpreting financial data, undertaking analysis, and reporting. It’s essential you are a team player, with strong interpersonal skills.
This is a great opportunity for someone whom wants to progress in their career and gain experience in a service orientated finance function within a global leading publishing organisation. Study support will be offered.
- Assisting with month end close including raising accruals, prepayments and coding changes
- Intercompany processing and reconciliations including computation of intercompany recharges, raising invoices and coding in-charges
- Computation of monthly shared costs and invoicing to recipient companies
- Supporting the cost coding process ensuring correct allocation/coding of transactions, and reviewing and undertaking P&L coding checks
- Preparation and maintenance of account reconciliations
- Managing and executing membership account changes, statement reconciliations and dealing with account queries
- Calculation and processing of honoraria payments
- Preparation of UK Springer Group EC Sales list
- Ad hoc reports and analysis
Experience, skills and qualifications
- Studying towards a professional accounting qualification
- Previous relevant experience of working in a Finance department
- Good working experience of an accounting system
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft applications such as Excel and Word
- Attention to detail and an appreciation of the need to work to deadlines
- Good interpersonal skills, a strong team player
- Any experience within Media Sector
- Good working experience of SAP