Controls Lead Analyst
Superb opportunity for a Controls Lead Analyst with this leading FTSE 100 business in the Midlands.
Global brand in the Midlands.
- Responsible for the day to day leading, monitoring and delivery of a work plan which supports the Finance and Shared Services compliance frameworks including, internal policies, external compliance standards and the requirements of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act.
- Perform detailed testing of high risk controls or change processes
- Evaluates controls testing performed by team members
Evaluates end to end process reviews.
40% project management, 40% technical execution role and 20% stakeholder management. Supporting the Controls Manager, which includes:
- Support the Controls Manager with day to day responsibility to ensure that all key controls are regularly assessed to ensure compliance with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act for each year end. This would include the following activities:
- SOX scoping activities for the UK entity and SSC processes
- Quality Assurance over SOX process documentation
- Annual cycles of design and operational testing
- Evaluation of SOX control environment
- Communication regarding SOX compliance
- Maintenance of documentation repositories and infonet sites
- Primary review of all testing to ensure appropriate testing standards are met
- Day to day leading of the work requirements of the annual testing plan
- Identifying key compliance weaknesses and proposals to implement remedial action as appropriate
- Interfacing with external auditor to ensure the Compliance and Controls team continues to deliver to audit requirements and that implementation of audit points is carried out
- Supporting the Controls manager in the regular reporting of the status and issues of the controls and compliance team, as well as the annual testing plan to key stakeholders
- Supporting the Controls manager in the delivery of the annual training programme
- Leading change initiatives within the controls and compliance.
- One or both of the following:
- Sarbanes-Oxley compliance experience (execution, testing and consolidation)
- Experience and/or knowledge of regulatory or operational controls, or wider internal control frameworks
- Ability to understand and critically assess and map business processes and controls
- Accounting or auditing skills
- Knowledge and experience of other internal and external compliance frameworks
- Experience of writing or using Process Flow Commentaries, Risk and Control Matrices (RACM) and test scripts.
- Proficient use and knowledge of business systems and analytical tools (Visio, Excel, Word,
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proactive self-starter with ability to manage own workload, to time and desired levels of quality.
- Likely to be a trained for accountant or audit specialist
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
Membership of a professional body (e.g. IIA, CIMA, ACCA, ICM, CPIM or CPM) but if the candidate can demonstrate adequate experience and knowledge required this may be acceptable.
Excellent package on offer.