Financial Reporting Manager
About the Role
Bring your advanced accounting and reporting knowledge to Sony and we’ll help you to accelerate your career in a complex, exciting environment where business never stands still.
Reporting to the Head of Accounting and Reporting for Sony Europe, this influential role will expose you to many different elements of Sony’s business.
You will work closely with internal business partners and Global stakeholders (Sony Corp HQ, Treasury, Global Tax Office) to deliver the financial accounting transactions and reporting of Sony Europe Ltd. under the umbrella of a Global Process Model which spans across multiple regions and time zones.
Your responsibilities will include supporting, coordination of, and leading the monthly financial closing processes i.e. systems, controls, liaison and agreement of accruals and provisions, balance sheet reconciliations, and reporting of actual results for Sony Europe.
You will be accountable for outputting the accurate consolidated financial statements of Sony Europe in legitimate format, its submission to Tokyo that it is required from business stakeholders.
- Direct, lead and manage the activities of supporting team members, including business processing outsource (BPO) partner to deliver Sony Europe Consolidation & Reporting related analysis and services.
- Review and provide necessary guidance for the entities
- Responsible to clearly present financial results to senior management, identifying significant trends and root cause of issues
- Provide technical accounting knowledge and insights to perform diligent analysis and support stakeholders for further discussion
- Actively lead projects and activities which improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Lead and support Business Integrations/Closures as needed.
- Collaborate with Business Units and Business Process team to provide effective End-to-End accounting processes & solutions.
- Provide accounting guidance to Business Unit colleagues regarding new or complex issues
- Liaise with Tokyo counterparts for the enhancement of Group financial reporting. Bring Group Consolidation perspective so that Sony Europe is aware of how its financial numbers are ultimately reported at HQ level and is able to know its potential implications.
- Keep Tokyo updated of Sony Europe corporate direction, recent trends in financials and accounting issues.
You’re of graduate caliber, qualified accountant with relevant finance and accounting experience, ideally in a large, complex and global business.
You have strong Financial Accounting skills, knowledge of US GAAP, IFRS and business acumen
You are proficient in SAP Finance, ERP Modules including BW and Excel
Finance Shared Service and BPO experience is essential
You have proven track record of identifying weaknesses in processes and implementing continuous improvement initiatives
Experience and / or understanding of consumer & business technology industry would be a strong advantage
You must have proven ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders at various levels
Sony is fast-paced. You’ll work closely with a team in Weybridge and the Finance outsourced party, so it’s vital you can hit deadlines and work under pressure. You’ll need to convince us you’re happy to work flexibly, dealing confidently with conflicting priorities and changing requirements.
If that’s you, you can look forward to the prospect of developing your career with a very diverse and dynamic business