Operations Manager role working within a leading Manchester Accountancy firm - great opportunity
Operations Manager Job working within a Manchester Public Practice Accountancy Firm
We are working exclusively on this fantastic Senior Management level role working within a Manchester Public Practice Accountancy firm. The Operations Manager Job will incorporate several aspects of Practice Management with a wider strategic remit focusing on internal systems & processes along with associated training.
The purpose of the Operations Manager Job within our clients thriving Accountancy Firm is to conduct a review of the business Operationally and to construct a platform for growth and the sustainability of profits. Additionally, this Senior Management Job within Public Practice will involve systematically testing internal systems and controls to manage and mitigate the risks of non-compliance within the ever-increasing regulatory environment.
The Operations Manager will work closely with the Senior Management Team and the key players within each department; Audit & Advisory, Tax, Corporate Finance, Business Recovery & Wealth Management to ensure ‘Best Practice’ systems are implemented and maintained. This will involve dissecting the processes within each department in order to analyse both risk & efficiency.
The successful candidate will be able to provide reports on their findings, including suggested improvements and manage the implementation phase. Involvement in ongoing training in order to ensure any changes in process are effective will be expected. Candidates with previous Change Management and Project Management experience are therefore desired.
The Operations Manager will report to the Senior Partner, Executive Committee and Departmental Heads, but will also provide support and operational direction to the IT, Property, HR, Finance & Admin, Sales & Marketing functions.
Examples of responsibilities within the role include;
• Auditing and analysing internal controls and processes to highlight areas of potential risk and /or operational inefficiency
• Designing improved processes and systems as required
• Communicating changes to systems and controls/policies to the wider team as well as managing the change
• Documentation of systems and protocols
• Gaining feedback from internal stakeholders on existing systems and processes
• Auditing adherence to systems and processes
• Notifying and handling issues of non-compliance
• Designing training for Managers on new systems and processes (Train the Trainer)
• Overseeing the firm preparing for, gaining and maintaining IS09001 accreditation
• Managing the Data Policy within the practice including any modifications required to become compliant with GDPR
• Project managing the transition to a ‘Paperless Office’
• Responsibility for reviewing/managing the cost efficiency of key Suppliers
• Creation of a Risk Register
• Overall accountability for Health & Safety within the firm
• Developing the Cyber Security strategy for the firm
• Assisting the Partners with the development of KPI’s (financial and non-financial) across the business as well as putting in place suitable measure
• Acting as Line Manager for all ‘non-chargeable’ staff
The ideal candidate for this Operations Manager Job within a successful Manchester Public Practice accountancy firm will have a strong IT background, aware of innovative technologies and how they may be used to improve the operational systems within the firm. The candidate does not need to be an accountant but must have a good understanding of how a practice operates. An MBA would be advantageous, but not essential.
This is an incredibly interesting and challenging Senior Management role within a successful and growing accountancy firm. The Operations Manager Job will be both rewarding and exciting, with the potential for progression towards a Board Level role in the future.
Apply for Operations Manager role working within a leading Manchester Accountancy firm - great opportunity
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Qualified by Experience Accounting Practice Finance Manager jobs in Manchester
- Qualified by Experience Accounting Practice Financial Controller jobs in Manchester
- Qualified by Experience Accounting Practice Risk jobs in Manchester
- Qualified by Experience Accounting Practice Finance Business Partner jobs in Manchester