This Audit & Accounts Manager - Ideal next career step towards Partner
Audit & Accounts Manager Job based in Stockport
This Audit & Accounts Manager Job in Stockport is the ideal next career step for an accomplished and career orientated Audit professional looking for progression to partner. Our client is a forward thinking and fast growing Manchester Accountancy firm looking for someone who is either ACCA/ACA qualified and can manage a varied client portfolio of circa £600k.
Acting as number 2 to the main Audit & Accounts Partner, the role is integral to the future success of the firm. The role will have the scope to progress to partner level, with the additional opportunity for equity share in the future.
This senior level Audit & Accounts Job requires someone with strong practice based experience of providing Audit, Taxation, Accounting and Business advisory services to a wide variety of clients. Confident, professional and credible with clients, you will have a good grasp of SME business and how to converse with Business Owners.
With a strong focus on audit based work with client turnovers of up to c.£30m the role will involve planning, supervising and reviewing audit work with a wide range of sectors. You will also manage Accountancy Juniors/Seniors preparing statutory accounts for Limited companies, Sole Traders and Partnerships.
- In summary, the role involves;
- Leading the planning and completion of external audit work
- Undertaking both pre-and post-audit meetings
- Company and business formations, start up and secretarial work
- Managing work flow
- Personal & Corporate taxation compliance
- Business planning and cash flow forecasting for clients
- Supervision of teams including review of accounts work and audit field management
- Involvement in Business Development activities to include networking, attendance at new client meetings and the writing of formal proposals
- Overseeing and managing the flow of work through the practice in conjunction with the Partners
The ideal Audit & Accounts Manager will be someone able to motivate and develop a dedicated, multi-skilled team to deliver an exceptional service across audit, accounts, and tax compliance, as well as playing a leading role in business development.
The role is ideally suited towards an Audit & Accounts Senior looking for their first Manager position or an existing Audit & Accounts Manager looking to join a public practice that will enable them to reach their true potential.
In return our client can offer not only a vibrant place to work, but a great remuneration and benefits package. With lots of opportunities for professional development and career progression this Audit & Accounts Manager job can be used as a stepping stone to progression through to Partner.
For more information about Audit & Accounts roles Manchester Accountancy firms please contact us today. Public Practice Recruitment Ltd are specialists in accountancy practice recruitment with over a decade of experience in recruiting across Audit, Accounts, Tax, Corporate Finance, VAT & Employment Tax.