Interesting Internal Finance/Practice Management role working within a Top Ten accountancy firm
Practice Manager/Internal Finance Controller Job based in a Northamptonshire Public Practice Accountancy firm.
Public Practice Recruitment Ltd are working with a key client to recruit an Internal Finance Controller/ Practice Manager to work within their established and highly successful Northamptonshire Accountancy firm.
The Finance Controller Job will involve elements of Practice Management along with full responsibility for financial reporting and controls within a group of offices in Northamptonshire.
As part of a national Top Ten accountancy firm our client has much to offer employees. They have won a number of awards for their services to SME’s and are renowned for their learning and development program.
With rapid growth over the last 12 months via both organic growth and strategic acquisition it is an exciting time to join this Northampton Accountancy firm.
This Internal Finance Job within Practice will require managing several substantial projects, including a planned IT system transition and a number of operational improvements. The ideal candidate will have experience of change management and some proven project management capability.
Because of the nature of this Practice Management Job the successful candidate must be a robust character capable of handling the inevitable ‘push back’ that comes with change. Effective communication skills and the ability to influence internal stakeholders at all levels are ‘must have’ characteristics for the role.
This could be a fantastic opportunity to take a step into Senior Management and to be involved in the strategic direction and daily operational management of a successful Northamptonshire accountancy firm. This Senior Management Job in Public Practice will involve managing the day to day Internal Finance within the Practice but will also be biased towards supporting the Partners/Owners with the operational efficiency and growth of the firm.
Main responsibilities for the Internal Finance/Practice Management Job will be;
- Managing the P&L within the Practice across a group of offices and all associated financial reporting
- Analysing the profitability of vertical service lines, departments and specific clients
- Analysing delivery times and recoveries to provide accurate Management Information
- Reviewing IT systems periodically and managing any IT or systems integration projects
- Controlling WIP and Lock up
- Credit Control
- Effectively tracking and managing Internal Risk
- Providing effective training and support to other staff, when necessary
- Working with the Partners to set KPI’s, goals and objectives, then ensure that they are monitored
- Process improvement and implementation of new/revised operational systems
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a first-class accountancy firm with ambitious plans. The Practice Management Job will be an ideal choice for someone in an existing Practice Manager Job looking for a role with more commercial edge and challenge. It would equally suit a Qualified and experienced Senior Accountant or Manager who has spent some time working in Industry but would relish a move back into Practice.
The ideal candidate for the Practice Manager Job will be ACCA/ACA Qualified or equivalent with a good working knowledge of how a Practice operates. You will require analytical skills, along with the ability manage multiple deadlines concurrently.
Contact us today to find out about other Accountancy Practice Jobs in Northampton. Public Practice Recruitment Ltd are specialists in accountancy practice recruitment with over a decade of experience in recruiting across Audit, Accounts, Tax, Corporate Finance, VAT & Employment Tax.
More searches like this
- Fully qualified Accounting Practice Accountant jobs in Northampton
- Fully qualified Accounting Practice Finance Manager jobs in Northampton
- Fully qualified Accounting Practice Financial Accountant jobs in Northampton
- Fully qualified Accounting Practice Financial Controller jobs in Northampton
- Fully qualified Accounting Practice Finance Business Partner jobs in Northampton