Commercial Finance Manager
A leading global law firm is looking to recruit a Commercial Finance Manager to join their London offices. You will have a key role with responsibility for the management of pricing and financial management of legal projects and client fee arrangements, firm working capital, coordination of division and practice focused financial analysis and support.
As the Commercial Finance Manager you will be required to:
- Manage a team of London and regional based Divisional Commercial Finance Analysts to implement the working capital management strategy and produce analysis and reporting to support Divisional Finance Business Managers.
- Ongoing review of client fee arrangements to ensure profitability is maximised.
- Monitor client arrangements and value account arrangements (including secondments).
- Report to engagement teams on a regular basis.
- Provide advice on fee proposals and pitches, working closely with partners, Business managers and Business Development.
- Interact directly with Client partners, matter partners and Industry leads to influence client financial strategy and revenue objectives.
- Promote the use of the firm's pricing and resource planning tools within legal teams.
- Ongoing review of systems and control for pricing legal work.
- Create upfront financial plans for specific legal projects, including consideration of alternative pricing structures, service levels and resourcing requirements.
- Seek opportunities to develop pricing work practices and intelligence, leveraging technology and industry best practice.
- Work with Business managers, the Learning and Development team and external parties to develop and deliver partner and associate training on pricing.
To be successful in this Commercial Finance Manager role you will need to have a relevant financial qualification and previous experience in business partnering. You will need to have good systems skills including knowledge of excel (including formula such as vlookups, pivots) and working knowledge of Word and PowerPoint. You will need to be a confident, robust individual with good negotiation skills, used to dealing with professional staff at a senior level and prepared to challenge as appropriate. You will need to be self-motivated with good interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively across all levels of an organisation.
If you meet the criteria above, please apply today!