Expedia, Inc is hiring a Sr Accountant I to join our People Cost Accounting team based in London. In this role, you will form an integral part of the team that is responsible for People Cost related expenses and programs across the EMEA region. You will take responsibility for a variety of accounting and reporting on key compensation programs and expenses across this geography.
You will need to be somebody who is able to work in a high-volume and dynamic environment and be able to handle tight deadlines, multi-task and make the right decision when prioritizing tasks. You will also need to come with proven experience in multiple countries and a complex business structure who can deliver with speed, accuracy and efficiency.
Every month, you will be responsible for the month end close including; preparing and processing recurring journals; identifying and processing non-recurring journals, as well as balancing Sheet account reconciliations; independently research exceptions; identify reconciling items; and resolve issues in accordance with company policy.
ADDITIONAL PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide fluctuation analysis for assigned expense and balance sheet accounts for various comparative time periods
- Prepare reports and schedules as required for audits as requested by the statutory team
- Produce schedules and summary presentations for business decisions and ad hoc requests
- Provide support for SOX compliance and company policies
- Assist in the development and implementation of policies, procedures and priorities for the accounting function
- Assist the People Cost accounting manager with the preparation of HMRC tax submission such as PSA
- Participate in non-routine projects such process re-engineering, cross functional projects, reconciliation issues, system implementations, etc.
- Support People Cost policies or processes across the organization
Additionally, you will take ownership of operational improvements, documenting business processes and assess current processes for efficiency. We want someone who can spot opportunities to improve processes, who can bring creative ideas to the team and make suggestions on how we can streamline and increase our efficiency.
- Confident when working both independently and as part of team
- Ability to work directly with business partners, at various levels, and run meetings independently.
- Excellent time management skills and able to juggle with conflicting deadlines
- Active in problem solving and issues resolution. Driven to complete activities on time and draw issues to closure
- Flexible in a dynamic and rapidly changing environment and customer focused
- Strong analytical skills: ability to identify and analyze complex issues; focus on relevant information; understand and utilizes metrics relevant to role
- Ability to balance macro and micro views and apply to problem solving as well as reporting and fluctuation analysis
YOU WILL BE:
- Educated to graduate or post graduate level finance, accountancy or a related field
- Part Qualified Accountant (ACCA/CIMA)
- Technically strong finance background (ideally within a shared service team)
- Experienced in a corporate accounting environment, within a large multinational business
- Great communication, both written and spoken
- Experienced with Oracle financial systems
- An Excel guru - proficient with pivot tables and formulae
- Experienced with foreign currency entries is a plus