Internal Auditor - Europe, Africa & Middle East Upstream
We offer an excellent remuneration and benefits package, which includes a competitive salary, defined benefit pension scheme, share incentive plan and private health care for employees and their families.
Job Role Responsibilities
Internal Auditors independantly evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of the system of internal control in place for all of the Company’s business activities. The key responsibilities are to:
- Independently and objectively assess business line controls against the Company‘s, Joint Venture partner‘s and, where applicable industry or regularity standards.
- Promote sound controls and advise management on improvement opportunities, for example: control effectivness; process effeciency; cost reduction; or revenue improvement.
- Develop deep insights into, and a thorough understanding of, the business and risks, and maintain focus on the highest risk area at all times.
- Participate in Audit networks and support continuous improvement by openly sharing skills and experience developed with Audit CoEs.
The successful candidate would report to an Audit Division Manager and, working as part of an audit team, would be expected to take the role of Lead Auditor or Audit Team Member as required.
Expected Level of Proficiency
To be eligible for this role, you must:
- Be degree qualified, preferably in a finance or engineering subject
- Have relevant professional experience in an international business in a role, or role(s), with a high focus upon sound business controls (five years+ as a guide). Candidates with less than five years’ experience, but who have a high degree of relevant industry experience will also be considered
- Have strong IT skills, specifically being an experienced and competent user of Microsoft Office
Candidates should also have demonstrated work experience and / or knowledge of:
- Working with business control standards, preferably making assessments of business performance against these standards and advising management accordingly
- Applying risk based assessment and decision making in a business environment
- Working effectively with colleagues or third parties in multiple countries
Successful candidates should possess a broad range of personal effectiveness and leadership skills, with the ability to facilitate and influence business decisions in a team environment.
The role will involve frequent (up to 75% of the time) international travel for business trips, mostly within the Europe, Africa and Middle East region. Business trips for audits may last up to four weeks, and on rare occasions may be immediately followed by another business trip.
Applications open on 29 November 2017 and close on 7 January 2018. The first round of the interview process, which will be a telephone interview, will take place for selected candidates in January. Successful candidates will then be invited to final round interviews at our Leatherhead office following this.
Further information on ExxonMobil careers in the UK can be found in our Recruitment Brochure.
Alternate Location: United Kingdom: Aberdeen
Conditions of Employment
Successful candidates will be made a conditional offer of employment. The conditions include, but are not limited to: a satisfactory criminal records disclosure; satisfactory employment references over five years (where applicable); verification of qualifications, including any professional accreditation stated in the application; completion of a pre-employment medical, including a test for illicit or unprescribed drugs in accordance with the Company's safety policies; and the legal right to work on the agreed commencement date.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
ExxonMobil and its United Kingdom subsidiary companies, Esso Petroleum Company, Limited, and ExxonMobil Chemical Limited, are equal opportunity employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. All applicants are offered equal opportunity to demonstrate their abilities during our recruitment processes, therefore, please contact the Recruitment Team if you wish to discuss any particular requirements to enable you to complete our recruitment process.