Forest Enterprise Scotland (FES) is an agency of Forestry Commission Scotland (FCS) and its main task is to manage the National Forest Estate in Scotland. The FES Head Office is located in Inverness and is led by the Chief Executive.
This post holder will report to the Senior Finance Manager (Accounting and Compliance) and will play a key role in providing a high quality efficient and effective finance function.
The key responsibilities for the role will include:
• Line management of financial accounting team;
• Management of the Treasury and banking functions including cash and bank account management and reconciliations;
• To manage credit management and debt recovery within the organisation;
• Management of the annual accounts closure process including preparation of the annual accounts document and supporting working papers and liaison with external audit;
• To lead on VAT accounting including coordination and review of information for quarterly VAT returns ensuring consistency and accuracy of reporting.
• To promote and ensure the maintenance of strong internal controls and compliance with all accounting standards and regulations including the development and implementation of an assurance framework and programme of finance support visits;
• Liaison with external and internal auditors to ensure compliance with financial reporting requirements within agreed timescales;
• Provide assistance to cost centres with general ledger maintenance and other accounting related tasks;
• To ensure appropriate policies and procedures are in place to safeguard and correctly account for assets within the organisation.
For more information and to apply, please visit our website:
0300 067 5300
Please quote ref 1564144.
Closing date: 10 December 2017 at 23:59
No recruitment agencies please.
We are committed to providing equal opportunities for all sectors of our diverse community.