International Tax Compliance Manager
Specific Job Description
Manage regional tax compliance for international value added taxes (VAT) including the preparation, filing and payment of VAT returns insuring timely and accurate compliance. Support international income tax compliance. Requirements include:
- Demonstrated ability to oversee/manage the work of experienced tax professionals, potentially including third party providers
- Develop a plan and process for identifying potential exposure for VAT with continued international growth.
- Advise compliance risks, recommendations to reduce risks
- Manage and develop procedure for tax planning and audits
- Familiarity with specific business processes and systems such as SAP
- Ability to meet deadlines while providing excellent customer service to served business units
- Ability to conduct detailed tax research to provide excellent, consistent guidance to served business units
- Proficient in the use of tax research software
- Familiarity with varying tax jurisdictional requirements for VAT taxes
Desired skills, qualifications and experience
- VAT experience across multiple taxing jurisdictions.
- Experience with drafting and implementing policies and procedures for cross-border and multiple jurisdictional VAT activity
- Experience with planning to minimize VAT costs for cross-border and multiple jurisdictional VAT activity
- Experience with requesting and operating VAT suspension authorizations such as Inward Processing or Customs Warehousing
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and handle multiple, sometimes conflicting priorities and to work dynamically with cross-functional teams and multiple internal clients
- Experience working directly with business clients and working with foreign tax advisors at law firms or the foreign offices of Big Four accounting firm.
- Support corporate development activities in evaluating, developing, and executing foreign acquisitions and joint ventures in a VAT-efficient manner.
- Experience in coordinating transfer pricing and BEPS compliance
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockheed Martin recognises and actively promotes the benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to treating all employees with dignity and respect regardless of race, gender, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief. Discrimination on any of these grounds is expressly forbidden. We therefore welcome applications from all sections of the community.