The British brand which is distinctive because of it's exceptional ingredients was launched first into China where the appetite for premium Western brands is extremely high.
The business has grown extremely quickly with a team of over 100 people now based in China and Hong Kong, and a further growing team in the UK. We offer a range of products across a wide selection of retail outlets as well as through one of the most popular e-tail platforms. The Brand is now worth $40m US.
The plan is for you to join a very ambitious and well-funded UK start up in its initial stages, as one of the first round of UK recruits. The planned launch into the UK in 2018 is important to support the growth plans in China- to underpin our Western credentials - but also to exploit the opportunity that exists in the UK food category we are in.
THE ROLE - FINANCE MANAGER
We are looking for the right person who will act as a strong Business Partner to work closely with the UK Managing Director, the Sales, Marketing and China Finance and wider teams to give the business the best UK start possible! You will flourish in a less formal environment and thrive in a fast paced environment where you need to use your initiative and be able to develop strong positive working relationships with the rest of the UK team and the China Finance team. Initially the scope of the role will entail:
- Completion of the Management accounts and month end reporting
- Leading all budgeting and forecasting
- Completion of the analysis of variances to budget
- Monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Reporting and managing the company's cash flow by monitoring and following up on customer payments received (when revenue stream commences) and supplier payments
- Business partnering with senior managers across the company to help drive strong financial controls and processes
- Offering £45,000 - £55,000 salary depending on experience + bonus + pension
Qualified ACCA, CIMA or ACA
Experience in the Food / Drinks / Restaurants / Retail environment, ideally within an SME
A drive and passion to work for an early stage startup
Someone who can take initiative and 'roll sleeves up' to be a hands on member of our team!
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-statement