Robert Half are delighted to be working with an public services business in central Bristol to recruit a candidate capable of building and testing financial models to forecast and value various projects and tenders that the business work with.
- Ensure that 25 year financial models are accurately updated on a timely basis every 3 months and can be reconciled to statutory accounts and management accounts of the project.
- Ensure financial models are logged, updated and protected in accordance with protocols and procedures.
- Provide analysis of changes to key project dynamics (including shareholder cashflows and lender cover ratios) to key stakeholders
- To liaise with Finance Managers to ensure that latest model forecasts are reflected accurately
- Support value enhancing initiatives on projects
- Liaise with Finance, Tax and Lifecycle Managers to ensure that actual reported data is prepared to help regular updating of the financial model and preparation of budgets
- Interpret results of financial models to identify errors and provide summary analysis explaining movements from previous models.
- Develop ability to build models from standard template.
- Liaise with third party shareholders to ensure that shareholder payments are made in a timely manner.
- Understand the effect of macro-economic changes to the overall shareholder return and be able to explain these effects to directors and other stakeholders.
- Understand ratios that senior lenders review and understand how these ratios are affected by movements in working capital and other cash movements.
- Ability to forecast modelled cash movements to ensure sufficient cash is maintained in the projects whilst meeting the shareholder distribution targets.
- Look to minimise downward variations in distribution forecasts within a 12 month period.
- Upgrade and improve models to reflect latest tax treatments and reflecting best practice across the portfolio.
- Provide and assist in reviews of major maintenance costs over the life of the project.
- Provide any required sensitivity analysis on the models, testing the robustness of the models to adverse movements in assumptions.
- Undertake such other duties as may reasonably be determined as commensurate with the grade of the post.
Our client are happy to entertain strong data analysts with a passion for finance or candidates from a broader finance background with strong excel or modelling skills.
For more information please contact Oliver Price at Robert Half on 01179935400
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-statement
Apply for Financial Modeller
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly