Graduate Accounts Assistant
Key responsibilities will include the timely processing and monitoring of all payments and receivables as well as organising and maintaining general ledgers.
- Timely and accurate processing and posting of purchase invoicing and payments
- Raising sales invoices on a timely basis and posting of all transactions
- Monitoring of receivables and highlighting recoverability issues
- Assisting with the collection of outstanding receivables
- Resolving ad-hoc queries for both internal/external contacts
- Performing regular bank reconciliations and timely filing of documents
- Keeping the ledgers clean and tidy, perform reconciliations and allocate balance
- Assist in the preparation of month-end balance sheet reconciliations and monthly VAT returns.
- Assist in the preparation of year end statutory financial statements.
- Assist in the submission of monthly employee expenses.
- Reconciliations of credit cards, petty cash and director loan accounts.
To be considered for the role of Graduate Accounts Assistant position within City based brokerage you must ideally meet the following criteria:
- A recent university graduate with a 2:1 degree in either Finance & Accounting, Maths or Economics
- Strong A-Levels; ABB as a minimum
- Want to become an ACCA or CIMA chartered accountant
- Be able to work in a high pressured and fast paced environment
- Have an interest in the financial markets
NOTE: Please do not apply to this role if you do not meet the above criteria
Salary & Benefits
The successful Graduate Accounts Assistant position within City based brokerage will be offered approximately £24-26,500 plus an excellent benefits package including full study support.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-statement
Apply for Graduate Accounts Assistant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly