Sales Ledger Assistant
Role: Accounts Receivable Assistant
Robert Half are partnering with a central based business that are recruiting for an Accounts Receivable Assistant, the Accounts Receivable team works within finance and provides administrative support on areas such as invoicing and system setup of projects associated with our customer contracts. This team have a strong focus on ensuring incoming data is of optimised quality to enable the efficient, timely and accurate processing of invoices through our systems. This team works extremely closely with other finance teams including the management accountants and credit control.
- Ensuring customer projects are set up appropriately in our project management and financial systems to enable optimal capture of work completed and therefore facilitate the ability to invoice against that work in the future
- Raising invoices for completed work and tracking of project milestones to assess whether work is ready to be invoiced, in accordance with contractual terms.
- Working closely with the Line of Business Accountant to ensure completeness of invoicing
- Discussion with project managers on the readiness of work to be invoiced noted as approaching an invoicing milestone.
- Provide accurate and timely management information regarding the status of invoices as required
- Resolving any queries relating to invoicing and renewals from internal teams or external customers
- Issuing credit notes when appropriate
- Assisting and working collaboratively with other Accounts Receivable Assistants to support with peaks and troughs in workload, in order to achieve team objectives and KPI's.
- Any other ad-hoc work as requested
- Provide feedback to senior management on any areas of finance where it has been identified further benefits could be obtained from optimisation of current processes.
- Consistent, timely and accurate project set up (in AX2012 and Kimble)
- Timely and complete invoicing, including customer communication
- Timely follow up on issues, including invoice queries
- Strong collaboration and communication to customers and across the Business Support team and with key related functions (sales, sales admin/support and finance)
Qualifications and experience:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office systems
- Excellent numeracy skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong organisational skills
- Experience of working to deadlines and under pressure
- Experience of assessing processes, suggesting and implementing improvements
- Experience of working within a finance administration environment
- Enthusiasm & passion to build a career within finance
- AAT Student
Salary: £19,000 -£22,000
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-statement
Apply for Sales Ledger Assistant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly