Sales Ledger Manager
Role: Accounts Receivable Manager
Robert Half are partnering with a central based business that are recruiting for an Accounts Receivable Manager, the Accounts Receivable Manager will oversee the team responsible for customer project set up within the business's project management system, Kimble and invoicing within Microsoft AX2012, their financial system.
The Accounts Receivable team works within finance and provides transactional support on areas such as invoicing and system setup of projects associated with our customer contracts. This team have a strong focus on ensuring incoming data is of optimised quality to enable the efficient, timely and accurate processing of invoices through our systems. The team works extremely closely with other finance teams and the wider business.
Main Job details:
Capture of information required for project setup and invoicing:
- Implement and maintain processes to ensure AR team is ready and prepared to invoice for upcoming work. This will involve ongoing dialogue with project managers and review of supporting tools such as salesforce to anticipate expected contract close dates.
- Work closely with project managers to ensure Kimble billing requests are created in good time and to facilitate timely invoicing in the finance system.
- Work cross functionally with PMO, sales teams and accountants to identify best practice for project setup.
- Ensure the AR team setup customer projects in Kimble and AX in an optimal way to facilitate reporting, revenue recognition and collection needs.
Resolution of Invoicing Queries:
- Review and coordinate the resolution of invoicing queries from internal teams or external customers
- Provide accurate and timely management information regarding the status of invoices as required
- Ensure the issue of credit notes is appropriately controlled and processes are improved where necessary if caused by poor internal process.
Optimisation of Invoicing Process
- Develop suitable processes & controls to ensure completeness, timeliness and accuracy of invoicing
- Work closely with the sales team to ensure appropriate information is collected at the point of contract to enable the AR teams to understand contract invoicing requirements.
- Work with the senior finance management team to ensure the invoicing process is optimal and full use is being made of the finance system to facilitate the process, proposing modifications to process and/or system where necessary.
- Work closely with the Credit Control Manager to ensure invoices are raised in an optimal way to facilitate ease of collection
- Regularly engage with the Line of Business Accountants to ensure completeness of invoicing and to identify if further improvements can be made to the invoicing process to simplify the process of revenue recognition carried out by the accountants.
Management of a team
- Manage a small team of AR assistants, ensuring training and development needs are met
- Ensure AR team is suitably cross trained to ensure any one business areas and/or process has at least two team members working across them.
- Manage peaks and troughs in workload to achieve team objectives and KPI's
- Develop detailed understanding of the different income streams and methods of processing
- Use this knowledge to optimise the invoicing process, driving through efficiencies and best practice
- Lead and develop the Accounts Receivable team, ensuring members are multi skilled and can work as a cohesive unit to support each other during workload peaks and troughs.
- Ensure consistent, timely and accurate project set up (in AX2012 and Kimble)
- Ensure accurate, timely and complete invoicing
- Ensure timely resolution of identified issues
Qualifications and experience:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office systems
- Excellent numeracy skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong organisational skills
- Experience of working to deadlines and under pressure
- Experience of assessing processes and suggesting and implementing improvements
- Experience of managing an Accounts Receivable/Sales Ledger/Billing team
- Experience of managing a small team of 5-7
Salary: £28,000 - £32,000
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-statement
Apply for Sales Ledger Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly